atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: goofygrl extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 07:01 PM
I have a question I have been asked to extend 8 lines from the dmarc onto a rj31x and 2 of the lines onto a rj21x.
I am a little confused with the rj21x. As far as I knew this is a amphenol connector. I have never done an amphenol with anything except a 25 pair.
Thx for any help
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 07:04 PM
I think you need to find a qualified tech if you do not know what these are.
Posted By: goofygrl Re: extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 07:10 PM
I know what both of them are. I just am unsure about using an amphenol with only 6 pairs. So I was asking if perhaps there was something else that could be used as a rj21x.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 07:13 PM
You do not have to use the amphenol. You can punch your cables down to a block and then cross connect them to the second set of pins on the RJ21X block.
Posted By: ttech Re: extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 07:22 PM
Some People have been known to call a 66 block with an orange hinged cover an RJ21X regardless of if it has the amp connector or not.

It may be the person asking you what you need is confused. I would assume 2 of the lines would terminate on 2 RJ31Xs for primary and secondary alarm lines and the additional lines punched down on a block.

I personally like to replace the bridging clips with 2 pair (to and from the RJ32X) and the phone equipment would hook up to the right side and use bridging clips for the Non-RJ31X lines.

Welcome to the board
Posted By: hbiss Re: extending a dmarc - 08/22/07 08:30 PM
An RJ21X is usually a split (50 pair) 66M block and bracket. There is an Amp connector mounted to the right side of the bracket which is factory wired to the right half of the block. You wire to the left side and install bridging clips to provide continuity to the Amphenol. The bridging clips provide a means to test the pairs.

A more current version of this is a 25 pair Krone block with Amphenol.

I guess technically an RJ21X can be an Amphenol connector by itself but that is not usually done. Also, as has been pointed out a split 66M block with bridging clips and no Amphenol is often called an RJ-21X but technically it is not. I have had a few discussions with Verizon about that since they sometimes like to provide an RJ-21X that way.

That said, there are plenty of such RJ-21Xs with as little as one pair. To answer your question you would simply cut down your 6 pairs in order down the left side of the block.

-Hal
Posted By: county wide Re: extending a dmarc - 08/25/07 05:02 AM
back in the day when you ordered a rj21x theyed stack your numbers sequentially so you could plug directly into you pbx and you'd have instant phone system perfect world kinda thing ( you'd wind up cross connecting from the block anyway
because how many pbxs pinned out that way ?) in mass you used to put a orange vendor sticker on the wall were you wanted it and new england tels special services guy would do his best to install it 100 feet away from that sticker don't know why we bothered...
Posted By: county wide Re: extending a dmarc - 08/25/07 05:14 AM
Originally posted by goofygrl:
I have a question I have been asked to extend 8 lines from the dmarc onto a rj31x and 2 of the lines onto a rj21x.
I am a little confused with the rj21x. As far as I knew this is a amphenol connector. I have never done an amphenol with anything except a 25 pair.
Thx for any help
so they want you to install 8 alarm jacks and punch 2 numbers on a spilt block what for?seems like all 10 numbers should hit the block first don't you think?
what part of ma are you from?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help