atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: liquidvw Keyed 6 position jack - 09/26/07 07:47 AM
Anyone have a part number for a 6 position female jack that is keyed? The only thing I could come up with is AT468-6DEC from allentel. Looking for other options. Thanks.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 09/26/07 07:56 AM
A DEC jack isn't actually keyed. The clip is just offset to the side instead of the middle.

I have never seen a keyed 6P6C. What's the application?
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 09/26/07 08:24 AM
Very unusal, but here it goes. I am not even sure if it is going to work, but I need to try inorder to save money. I have a location that has 2 shielded CAT 5E drops that go from under a conference room table and stubb out in a wall in the coference room. We are going to install a polycom VSX 7000 video conference unit. This unit uses a special polycom cable that is a 6 position cable and keyed on both ends. This cable connects the video camera with the visual concert box. This box sits on the table and allows you to connect your laptop for people + content calls. My idea, which may or may not work, is to convert this shielded CAT 5E cable to 6 position keyed and connect the devices.

Also, maybe I am using the word "keyed" incorrectly. The 6 position cable has the clip offset to one side and not in the middle.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 09/26/07 08:28 AM
You definitely have DEC connectors. It sounds like the Allen Tel ones that you mentioned are your best bet.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 09/26/07 08:35 AM
Thanks ED! I ordered 2 jacks. Should be here in a week. Coming from CA.
Posted By: brianl703 Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 10/04/07 02:36 PM
For anyone looking for them, these are known as "MMJ", modified modular jacks. A google search for dec mmj turns up lots of links and vendors.
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: Keyed 6 position jack - 10/04/07 06:14 PM
I just installed a Polycom 7000 VSX. Why don't you just order the right length cable from Polycom. With our unit, they gave us several cables including a 35-footer. Depending on the configuration, there may be other cables that need to connect between the table and the wall.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help