atcomsystems.ca/forum
We've been tripping over this 110 unit for about 5 years after it mysteriously appeared after a demo job we did.

When do you use these, and for what applications?

Thanks

[Linked Image from img205.imageshack.us]

[Linked Image from img205.imageshack.us]
Posted By: MacOSX Re: When would you install one of these.... - 08/10/08 11:26 AM
I tend to see them in hospital provider installs, for voice station cabling (at least 5 or so that I can think of immediately). I personally don't like them (yes the ol 66/110 debate), but they work well, when installed and terminated correctly. What a pain to troubleshoot a bad cable on though!

I think Lucent made them too, but not positive.
Posted By: RCA Re: When would you install one of these.... - 08/10/08 11:36 AM
When do you use these
When another vendor has them installed and I want to keep it uniform.

and for what applications
For large 110 applications. We have used them for jobs that have had 1000+ station cables. Keeps the backboard neat although some would argue that it's overkill.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: When would you install one of these.... - 08/10/08 01:09 PM
No doubt that it is overkill, particularly due to the extremely high expense, but they do help a lot on large jobs. The added rear space allows for large numbers of cables where the blocks just on regular legs don't afford as much clearance. They also make for a much neater and more organized installation than lines drawn on plywood.

Just consider these things to be the 110 equivalent of colored backboards for 66 blocks.

I think Lucent made them too, but not positive.
Actually, you are correct Tony. It was first made by Western Electric, then AT&T then Lucent, then Avaya, and presently by Commscope/Systimax.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help