atcomsystems.ca/forum
Curious if anyone here has experience using the type of fiber connectors like those from Unicam or Leviton that dont require special tooling to polish?

Good or bad experience with those? Recommended or not?

How is your success ratio with those? Does it justify the cost or are you better off learning to polish?
I use alot of the Leviton Twistlocks in both ST and SC and have had great success with them. And if you screw them up you can usually reuse the end as long as you don't break it inside.
I use unicam. Always use fresh connectors!
I use alot of leviton and also have reused them with no problem.

I think panduit also has a non epoxy end that they say can be reused up to 4 times.
We also use the Corning Unicams. We've been using the same kit for years with very good success. There is no way I would want to change and have to polish connectors.

Of course they always go into ICC adapters and enclosures!
I put about twelve thousand Unicams into a Morgan Stanley data center and had very good success. If you use the light with the kit, the success rate goes through the roof.

Do NOT reuse screwups.

Sam
We have standardized with the Corning Unicam and have had great success with them. If you get the right kit, you can terminate any tip from ST to MTRJ. The Elite version of the kit gets you a VFL and an upgraded cleaver.
In my experience Unicams work great.
Thanks guys for the quick feedback !
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help