atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: johhz wiremold - 03/14/10 04:58 PM
We have a big job coming up and we need to use all wiremold. What kinds (manufacture) do you guys use?
Thanks
John
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: wiremold - 03/14/10 05:21 PM
I use Wiremold brand. Sometimes Panduit.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: wiremold - 03/14/10 05:40 PM
Hubbell allow lotsa time. Order the fittings and the finished job looks good. I have used lots of it in oilfield trailers and schools. One more thing, size large enough to add an extra cable as one is always forgotten. Good luck
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: wiremold - 03/14/10 06:03 PM
Panduit. Like the advesive back (but only to hold it until you run screws through the back for the "real" installation), and the hinged cover. Plan it out, and get all the fittings. Cut it with a ratcheting PVC pipe cutter.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: wiremold - 03/14/10 06:28 PM
I do like the small Wiremold 400 for one or 2 cables, but Panduit is nicer for more cables.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: wiremold - 03/16/10 03:55 PM
We use Panduit with the hindged cover. Easy to work with. All manufacturers of moulding can be pricey so make sure you quote accordingly.
Posted By: Kevin-MI Re: wiremold - 03/16/10 03:58 PM
Panduit makes a nice product.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: wiremold - 03/17/10 06:29 AM
Originally posted by johhz:
What kinds (manufacture) do you guys use?
Is this for indoor, outdoor or combination?

Both Wiremold and Panduit have good products. Sometimes using the hinged covers types can be a bear to work with when trying to attach it to concrete...brick...et cetera... holding the cover open and keeping it level during installation.

SIDE NOTE: I hate going to a site where someone installed items with a sticky back without a screw and expected it to hold.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help