atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm EoC Jacks Pinout - 01/10/11 09:59 PM
I have a customer installing an ethernet over copper circuit, who wants me to install cabling for it.The telco provider who is selling one EoC circuit to the customer has instructed me to install (4)T1 jacks to accommodate this circuit. That is 2 pairs per RJ-48c jack, each cat 5e 4 pr.cable feeding two jacks. Now I am researching this and see that it's a 1000 Base-T gigabit circuit that uses 4 pairs to send data. As I understand it, it seems I would need all four pairs on each cable. I would also guess that means one cable per circuit. And to extend this I would plug in a standard 568B straight-thru patch cord. Is this correct?
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: EoC Jacks Pinout - 01/11/11 03:34 PM
Looks like it comes in as up to 4 SHDSL loops, goes to one of these, and is handed off via ethernet! https://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/product/1200633G6/442
Posted By: jjimm Re: EoC Jacks Pinout - 01/11/11 08:21 PM
I'm not understanding this. This link looks like outdated equipment bringing in 10 base T circuits. Even bonded, it would take more than 4 10base T circuits to make a 1,000 Base T circuit. Could you elaborate a bit?
Posted By: jknichols Re: EoC Jacks Pinout - 01/12/11 09:52 AM
Well, at roughly 1.5 Megabit per T1, 4 of 'em won't get you much more that 6Mbit - barely 10 BaseT and nowhere near 100 or Gigabit.

Just because it has a Gigabit port to connect to your computer network doesn't mean that you'll actually have that bandwidth going outside the building.

Keep us posted, I'd like to know what this thing actually does do!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: EoC Jacks Pinout - 01/12/11 08:41 PM
I am very interested in this whole thing as well...I've heard of Metro Ethernet where they hand off fiber to a Cisco switch and you plug right in...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help