atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Professor Shadow Ceiling Surprise - 06/27/11 06:37 PM
When you are running cable in the ceiling you have to be careful of what other trade do and do not do:

[Linked Image from i754.photobucket.com]

Oh look a high voltage enclosure with the door wide open! mad
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/27/11 06:44 PM
Been there, seen that, Dean. Except in my case the building owner used to work for the local electric company. He used an old meter box as a junction point in a crawlspace and of course, there was no meter, nor anything else in the hole.

He got a piece of my mind.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/27/11 07:13 PM
Yep. I never throw a steel fish tape into unknown areas anymore for this very reason. I love (or not) the conduits that are provided for us that land in a live 277/480 panel. "Oops! I meant to tell you to use that one over there".

Thanks a lot, Pal. Good thing that I didn't burn your project to the ground, but hey, it's all good, right?
Posted By: surdel Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/27/11 10:07 PM
This is a good point about the fish tape. I guess it is possible what you might think is a data conduit, is actually a electrical conduit. Is this the reason why fiberglass or nylon fish tapes are used so to not get shocked?
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/28/11 06:17 AM
More so for when Sparky is working in an existing panel, adding a circuit. I can see it now when the metal fish tape comes flying through the conduit and hits one of the phases...
Posted By: RonP Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/28/11 08:58 AM
I see this kind of work more than I care to admit
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Ceiling Surprise - 06/28/11 09:04 AM
I've seen open junction boxes all the time but never an enclosure like that!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help