atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: festec waiting 90 days - 09/02/11 08:08 PM
I have a couple of customers that have to have the job done right now. But when its time to get paid they make you wait months to get paid. Does anyone have a good contract form for them to sign before the work is done? I don't mind waiting if they don't mind paying more and paying interest. I am not a Bank!
Posted By: hbiss Re: waiting 90 days - 09/02/11 09:10 PM
Contract, interest? Good luck. The ONLY way to handle customers like that is to get your money upfront.

-Hal
Posted By: Cepega Re: waiting 90 days - 09/02/11 09:46 PM
Hal is correct on this one, the only way to insure you'd get paid is to get the payment preferably in full upfront.

Google the templates for the Microsoft office say Excel form of an invoice where you can customize it to your liking and have a fineprint, terms and conditions at the bottom of the invoice which might become a quote provided to the customer. When the customer agrees to it have another one drafted but change the title of it from a quote to job contract and have all the same info in it with addition of spaces for the signatures for legal binding the customer to agree to pay and giving you permission to do the job.

There might be separate templates already premade for quote and contract so you don't have to spend too much time on it.
Posted By: 6string Re: waiting 90 days - 09/03/11 05:22 AM
Stipulate the payment options in the contract and have them sign and return before you start the work. 60% down before you start and 40% upon completion. Or something to that effect....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help