atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pananewbie WTF? Strange Cabling issue resolved. - 09/16/11 01:20 PM
Here's one for the record.

Installed a new system in our office. Used (2) amphenol cables, 1 for stations and 1 for CO Lines.

Call into our office and the call was immediately making a trunk to trunk transfer then music on hold was being played. This moh was not installed on the system, per the manufacturer.

Replaced our system with 3 more identical models from the manufacturer within the last month due to this issue.

Today, I had setup the system in my office instead of the server room. Connected co lines and ran tests. Trunk to trunk transfer issue; gone.

Placed the system back in the server room and the issue immediately returned.

Swapped the amphenol cables. 2- digital station ports went absolutley haywire. Phones were up and down rapidly.

I don't understand that if there is a short on the amp cable, how can the 2 shorts cause a trunk to trunk transfer and place a call outbound to a destination with music on hold.

Just for practical purposes, I'd like to purchase a digit grabber just to see who was being called.

I know what distributor I will no longer be purchasing my amp cables from in the future.

Its beer thirty. Im out of here! :toast:
Posted By: hbiss Re: WTF? Strange Cabling issue resolved. - 09/16/11 03:20 PM
I am just guessing here but some information as to what system you are talking about and the continuity/short test results for the cables might help someone to suggest a reason. But then what do I know...

-Hal
Posted By: Z-man Re: WTF? Strange Cabling issue resolved. - 09/19/11 08:29 PM
Originally posted by hbiss:
I am just guessing here but some information as to what system you are talking about and the continuity/short test results for the cables might help someone to suggest a reason. But then what do I know...

-Hal
Hal...you could be on to something here! :bang:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help