atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeffmoss26 this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 10:21 AM
This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen on the internets!

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r2...-inexpensive-and-quality-RJ45-connectors
Posted By: Derrick Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 10:51 AM
Leaking ether....that explains why I want to pass out when I walk into some data rooms.

The rj45 to 3 conductor 110(ac)....I got to get me some of those. Saves money....don't need a POE injector.
Posted By: tito1411 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 11:02 AM
Its pretty obvious this is just a troll in action. Mike Herring? Yeah hehe Red Herring. Everyone took the bait too!!!! Win for the troll.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 11:22 AM
It's giving me a good chuckle.
Off to buy some buckets for my leaking data!
Posted By: hacky Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 11:25 AM
"Ampherol" connectors...neat. And here all these years I thought it was Amphenol. Jeff I have a leaky Cisco switch do you think you know where to get a can of that sealant spray? :rofl:
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/18/11 11:54 AM
Darn. They locked it. Wherever will I find the answer to these important questions?

Try this smile
https://greatstuff.dow.com/products/big-gap-filler/
I take all my routers and switches to a local body shop, and have them put body putty in all the unused jacks, then sand, prime, and paint the areas to match the surrounding faceplate of the device.

When the customer requires more ports, I just drill out the ones I need.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/19/11 04:48 AM
Using an ethernet tap so you can plug the patch cords in?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/19/11 05:43 AM
LOL..pretty sure I have met that IT guy somewhere before under the name of Richard Head. smile
Posted By: festec Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/19/11 05:33 PM
If you buy cheap ? You usually buy twice !
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/20/11 07:16 AM
Per Jeff.."It's giving me a good chuckle.
Off to buy some buckets for my leaking data!

"Bit Buckets"......We used to have the rookies search the CO for them to catch the bits when doing disconnects.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/20/11 07:55 AM
I thought you sent them to find buckets of dialtone? smile
Posted By: SST Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/20/11 08:14 PM
If you plug all of the unused odd ports into all of the all of the unused even ports on your switches you will recycle all of the data that typically leaks all over the floors of IT rooms. This is very dangerous to the environment and can be very costly to clean up. If you've ever had to remove all those ones and zeros from tile and carpet you know how much it bytes. When executed properly by disabling spanning tree (which also is good for the the forests) you will find your switches are converted to perpetual data machines. I know this is a bold claim. But do the math it makes sense. :db:
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/21/11 05:01 AM
Thats why I preferred Analog data. Analog laid on top the carpet and tile and wiggled around, sometimes with great frequency, sometimes with low frequency. You cleaned it up using a frequency sweep.
Posted By: JPGolan Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/22/11 02:39 AM
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
I thought you sent them to find buckets of dialtone? smile
Jeff, Be careful you don't overload the switch and water it down with too much dialtone, :nono: just add a cup at a time until the dipswitch reads full.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/22/11 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen on the internets!

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r2...-inexpensive-and-quality-RJ45-connectors
Oh, I am seeing your problem: you are having pipeline burst ram and the pipeline is burst spilling ram aaaaaalllllllll overyourmotherboard.

Also, some of your ram is caught in a thicket.
Posted By: brokeda Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/22/11 08:42 PM
I am surprised and saddened to learn that no one on this board knew about this little trick.
I learned many years ago to put a bank plug into live phone jacks when I unplug a phone so that dial tone does not run out on the floor.
AT&T systems Dial Tone is especially sticky and corrosive,
Luckily Panasonic systems have a Dial Tone pressure reliever built in.
And I thought we were all Pro's here!

PS
Of course, we all know that 1A2 dial tone was sweet, with the aroma and taste of honeysuckle.
Those were the days my friend.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: this is why IT people get a bad rap - 10/24/11 05:10 AM
Dang, that's what I've been doing wrong!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help