atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Professor Shadow Makes you wonder... - 10/27/11 05:24 PM
"Pictures of Good Work" contains 2 pages.
"Pictures of Ugly Work" is currently III and 8 pages.

Whatever happened to taking pride in you work? :shrug:
Posted By: Cepega Re: Makes you wonder... - 10/27/11 08:11 PM
Maybe there aren't as many new install as there are troubleshoots of current crappy work done by people or cheap customers who skimp on proper ways having something done.

After all, they look at it in a way of as long as it works, who cares what it looks like in that water heater closet that they never visit
Posted By: 94astro Re: Makes you wonder... - 10/27/11 09:29 PM
It's just like everything else, no one notices when you do something good, but they will for sure when you screw up!
Posted By: festec Re: Makes you wonder... - 10/28/11 01:33 PM
I installed a couple of pay phones in a shopping mall way out in the hills of Alberta . The mall had 25 pairs going to all the stores and back to the demarc. The terminations back in demarc where all done many years ago on 66 blocks. The Installer who did that job went out of his way to do a picture perfect job! It is rare to find such nice work its usually the ones that add wire over the years that make a mess I made sure I took extra time to make sure my work was as good as the original installers. I added my two payphone lines on cat5e the blue pair for dial tone and the brown pairs for the 24volts that is needed to power the phone and digital display.

Who ever the original Telus Installer was he did show piece quality worthy of a picture...
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Makes you wonder... - 10/28/11 02:11 PM
Back then it would have probably been an installer from Alberta Government Telephones. They did not get privatized and the name changed to Telus until 1990.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help