atcomsystems.ca/forum
I need to hook up a line between a building and a trailer used for construction. I wanted to avoid copper because I didn't want install lightning protectors and the line is about 300 feet long. My client had a roll of fiber left over from an install that an ISP did. From the writing on the cable, can you tell me if this is multimode 62 micron? I was hoping to reuse it and save a couple of hundred bucks.

Corning cable systems optical cable freed indoor/outdoor 03/2012 34332 -1 clearcurve s m f mbr 5mm –tb2-sr-944ic1-bell canada ofnr ft4 c(etl) us 00105m

The install will only be temporary. Once the construction is finished, the original building will be demolished and the trailor moved so I want to keep the fiber for another construction site. Originally I was going to use preterminated fiber but I learned the Hubbel ProClick connector is a self install solution. Do you guys have any experience with that type of connector? Apparently it can be installed without any tools but they do sell a $30 tool to make the install easier.
I believe you have 9 micron single mode.

SMF: single mode fiber
mbr 5mm: min bend radius 5mm
tb2: tight buffer construction
ofnr: optical fiber non-conductive riser
ft4: Canadian fire spec, similar to ofnr

Also I don't see the fiber count, but if this is left over from a FIOS install it's likely a single strand.

You can still do Ethernet over this cable by using single mode connectors and BX10 optics, but that might eat up any cost savings gained from reusing the fiber.
Thanks for the info. I guess we will purchase a roll of MMF.

Thanks rcsinfo
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help