atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/23/16 02:09 AM
I just started using the ICC Jack easy tool and find it not so easy

I crushed a few jacks and then realized that you really need to line in up

And kind of get a feel for it before you press down on the tool

This is cat 6 by the way but when I watch the videos on line they make it look so simple

I was just wondering if any one eles had problems with it

It does do a nice job I am just wondering if I am missing something

Thanks

JD
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/23/16 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by teldata1
I just started using the ICC Jack easy tool and find it not so easy

I crushed a few jacks and then realized that you really need to line in up

And kind of get a feel for it before you press down on the tool

This is cat 6 by the way but when I watch the videos on line they make it look so simple

I was just wondering if any one eles had problems with it

It does do a nice job I am just wondering if I am missing something

Thanks

JD

I've been using it for some time now and have had no issues with it. I also use several other manufactures tools and they are all about the same that I have found.

Yes, you have to ensure that the connector is properly seated in the tool before cycling it. The same as all the other tools I use.
Posted By: Ken B Re: ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/23/16 11:18 AM
I've also been using it for a few years now with Cat5, Cat6 and also with their voice jacks with no issue, I use the HD jacks so I had to make sure the tab was facing the right way when I put it in the crimper, then just bring the handle down slow til you're sure it's lined up properly and then squeeze.
Posted By: metelcom Re: ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/23/16 11:37 AM
I have used the ICC tool for a few years. Yes it does crush jacks. You need to make sure the insert is snapped in properly and also the jack must be seated properly in the insert before crimping.
Posted By: John807 Re: ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/23/16 07:03 PM
I've Used the ICC and Leviton Rapid Jack. I prefer the Rapid Jack. I think the Leviton inserts are a little more money than the ICC inserts though.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: ICC Jack Easy Tool - 09/25/16 03:44 PM
I have used the Hubbell tool for 4 years works great, helper has crushed a few but pushed in all the way no issue. Works fast
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help