atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Navarro Wiremold equivalent? - 04/07/17 04:52 PM
Several years ago, I used to buy a product from Famous Telphone Supply that had 2 pieces, a clear base with adhesive backing and a cover that fit over the base to hide the wires. I seem to remember Premier, but that's the North Supply house brand and I have had no luck finding anything.

The sold it via the internet as recently as about 10 years ago.

Anyone have any info?

Carl
Posted By: conxtel Re: Wiremold equivalent? - 04/07/17 06:26 PM
I use the Hubble Premisetrak

https://ecatalog.hubbell-premise.co...ise.com/literature/ecatalog/s.pdf&Page=4

Different sizes, adhesive back or non adhesive. Works great
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Wiremold equivalent? - 04/07/17 07:21 PM
I recently needed to run some plastic raceway and tried to avoid getting it at the local electrical supply company. Not because they are bad folks, just because the guys at the counter don't have the patience for a customer who doesn't quite know the names of the parts, nor how many feet he needs, nor what the cross-section size numbers are, nor how many inside/outside/flat elbows will be needed. I get it...no counter man has the time to coddle a tire-kicker.

So I went to Home Despot and was pleasantly surprised with the selection. I'm sorry that I can't tell you the brand name, but there were blister-packed parts that were...get this...color coded so that all compatible components for type A were in green packages, type B were in yellow, etc. It made selecting the parts so much easier. Their retail prices were equal to what I pay as a "contractor" at the supply house.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Wiremold equivalent? - 04/07/17 10:27 PM
Didn't Panduit make a plastic wire molding?

Sam
Posted By: John807 Re: Wiremold equivalent? - 04/07/17 10:31 PM
As far as I know they still do. Most of my clients require either wiremold or conduit, no plastic allowed for fire code.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Wiremold equivalent? - 04/08/17 05:10 AM
Thanks. I may try smurf tube or head off to Home Desperate. My customer threw a curve when he used open desks instead of cubes for the operators. I love it when the owner doesn't have a plan, doesn't have furniture, but wants it in two days.

What does Hal say? "I gotta get out of this business"

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help