atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Noobed2336 Cable streakers - 09/27/18 05:30 AM
So I can't find the book I found it in, or if it was just a rumor from another tech, but I swear this product must have existed.

It would connect in the CO at the cable head, and send tone on either 25 or 100 pair groups. It would even make the tone say 'one' 'two' 'three' etc on each appropriate cable pair.

Am I having a dream? Did this product ever exist? Does anyone know who made it or what its model was?
Posted By: ugly1 Re: Cable streakers - 09/27/18 12:14 PM
Tempo voice tagger? If you google it, there’s a photo from the Jensen Catalog.
Posted By: Noobed2336 Re: Cable streakers - 09/28/18 04:19 AM
Interesting, but not what we will need for tagging this 3600 pair pulp cable. I found an old usenet post talking about something from "Automation Products" using a front test shoe in the CO to provide the tone, but can't find a model number for it
Posted By: Silversam Re: Cable streakers - 09/28/18 09:46 PM
As I recall, Siemon used to make a 25 pair shoe that fit on a 66 block and connected to a Copper TDR and maybe to something else as well.

Sam
Posted By: Noobed2336 Re: Cable streakers - 06/02/19 05:03 PM
I found it eventually. It seems like aalogic bought the design from 3m some time ago, http://aalogic.com/products/atv-rt Like $12000 after you get cables and connectors for it.
And 3m's model numbers were Dynatel 31xx and 41xx if you want to wait on ebay for one.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help