atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad 70ft hdmi connection - 04/04/19 01:20 PM
I have a nice conference room with a tv on one end and funky buried conduit which I figure is going to be 75ft (across the floor, up the wall and all the way to the other side of the room). Shall I use a pre-made hdmi cable or use a single Cat6 and one of those extender kits? Which kit is recommended?
Posted By: oobie Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 04/04/19 02:52 PM
Either method would be suffice but I think the size of your conduit would probably determine what you use.
Posted By: hbiss Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 04/04/19 05:58 PM
Is there such a thing as a 75' HDMI cable? I seem to remember a distance limitation that was pretty limiting.

-Hal
Posted By: oobie Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 04/04/19 06:18 PM
Hal,
Your right I think the max for 1080 is 15' but you'll see the cables sold up in 100' plus. You can get a 1080 signal but I would guarantee it wouldn't be reliable. Not sure what the 4k limits are.

Depending what the user is doing we use the Microsoft display adapters, Apple TV's or Firesticks for screen mirroring/sharing with pretty good success and good quatlity

Posted By: Daniel Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 04/05/19 01:18 AM
you can get longer HDMI cables, but the video quality wouldn't be as good as it could be. There are a number of HDMI to copper extenders, There are also a few HDMI to Fiber extenders, though I personally haven't used any. As a guess I would say that the conduit won't be large enough to actually run an HDMI cable, So you are looking at some kind of HDMI conversion.

http://www.skywalker.com/Products/T...t-1080p-4K-Compatible-300m__TLX1000.aspx

http://www.skywalker.com/Products/Element-Hz-4K-HDMI-Extender-Set-Over-Single-Cat5e66a7-w-Power-Over-HDBaseT-IR-and-PoE-(1080p-70m-4K-40m)__ELE40MHDBT.aspx

as examples.

Also if your conduit is large enough you could look at Redmere HDMI cables (please note that they are directional)
Posted By: jsaad Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 04/05/19 06:43 PM
I am going to use 2 Cat5e with one of those adapter kits. I pulled through 3 Cat6 already and it wasn't easy. So I think a thick HDMI will be trouble.

I bought a 50ft HDMI cable and I tested it and works but it will be short for this location. I've read there could be problems with the signal quality especially if I go longer.

Thanks for the tips!
Posted By: Kevin-MI Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 05/24/19 03:47 AM
I have used a few of the fiber HDMI cables. Those are great.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 70ft hdmi connection - 05/26/19 06:15 PM
I have used the HDMI converters that use two Cat5e cables. Some of them were wonky and required power cycling, but after throwing away a few, I have had success with them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help