atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart Technician Available!!!! - 07/17/06 06:23 PM
Greetings from Groundstart (Mitch), I am placing a call out to all my friends here and to anybody who browses these forums:

I am available for any kind of Telecom work!!!

I am a true professional, dedicated in this industry since 1982. I work on Toshiba, NEC, small Norstars, and can just about figure out anything else. I can cable, I have a Lancat 5 tester and can provide printouts of all my work.

Many members here will vouch for me as a good guy. I am based in Central/Northern NJ and can go anywhere from DC to NYC.

I am looking for work. As far as pricing is concerned, getting work and agreeing on a fair price is the least of any problems. I'm responsible, Never have been or am a Slacker.

Take a moment and visit my website for my phone number and I would love to talk to you all.

www.GetwiredByMitch.com

PS: To the mods, I hope I am abiding by any rules with this post, if I am breaking any rules, please adjust my post accordingly.

Thank you to all, Mitch Taylor
Posted By: grider Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/17/06 06:44 PM
Mitch, I'm glad you posted this. I'm going to need some tech support on a DS2000 soon. Question: do the DS2000's come with an internal modem for remote programming, if yes, do you have the software?
Posted By: groundstart Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/17/06 06:54 PM
The new DSX has a built-in modem, to be honest I dont remember on the DS series, I always go on-site.

Thanks for the response and come-on you all help me out, my recent health issue (all behind me now), hit me financially really hard!!!!

Mitch
Posted By: ttech Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/17/06 07:31 PM
The DS2000 and 1000 for that matter can be attached to an external modem via the programming cable and the DB25 adapter.

If grinder had an old modem sitting around chances are he can carry it around and plug it in when you need it.
Posted By: capitol Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/17/06 08:17 PM
PM Sent.
I could use a hand this Wednesday if interested.
Posted By: KENB Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/19/06 03:34 AM
Mitch
Hows this post working for you ?

Let us know if you picked up on some work.
Posted By: grider Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/19/06 03:59 AM
Mitch, several members are trying to get projects into your operation. If any of them are generating work for you we want to hear back. We want that warm fuzzy feeling for helping out a fellow tech. Even tho we do bicker among ourselves at times we are a "family" somewhat.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/19/06 05:51 PM
I did get a call from Matt over at Capitol but it was a days notice, kind of tough. And not to sound like a wuss, but it was for alot of cabling and my leg is not at full strength to handle that much. Walking is not a problem, but Im still going through rehab on my climbing.

I can do small addons, or if somebody roughs in cabling I can finish the terminating and installation of equipment, My patch panel terminations look good.

Some once again, if anybody can help me out, I promise more off the wall humor. I am also willing to travel between DC and NYC.

It would be best if ya call me cause I dont check in my emails all the time. My # is on my website.

Thanks to all for your consideration, Mitch
Posted By: Corwyn Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/20/06 05:05 AM
Mitch,

Feel your pain, good to hear you're healthy again though. I might have a small system install in yor neck of the woods, but I'm in the same shoes. Just looking for work in the MA area and getting luycky here and there.

Corwyn
Posted By: groundstart Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/20/06 06:36 AM
I hate these damn summer months.......everybody goes on vacation and everything gets put off till around september/october.....

This has been the scenerio for the past few years....
Posted By: metelcom Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/20/06 10:12 AM
Originally posted by groundstart:
I hate these damn summer months.......everybody goes on vacation and everything gets put off till around september/october.....

This has been the scenerio for the past few years....
The good side to that is you should be back to 99% by then to do the extra work. Relax, Enjoy the summer and get yor health back.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/20/06 06:12 PM
Funny you should say that cause thats what i am doing.

I just gotta find out why I can walk 2 miles each morning for my exercise, but I cant climb 3 steps up a ladder....

I am reading some tech manuals, making amphenols, line cords and what not....

BUT, my place is out in the field with the customers and workplace....
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/22/06 06:55 PM
Mitch, I can probably work you all of next week and probably most of the next, but all work will be in the DC area. I can't provide lodging, but I can probably arrange for you to crash with one of my other techs at their homes if you are interested. The summer months are hitting me hard since we have someone off every week for the next five weeks. Let me know if this is something you might be willing to consider. I hate hiring strangers (but I don't mind hiring the strange! laugh ).
Posted By: groundstart Re: Technician Available!!!! - 07/22/06 07:17 PM
PM SENT...
Posted By: Cablegirls Re: Technician Available!!!! - 03/01/08 07:30 PM
We can keep you busy out here in the west coast...realize we are a year and a half out of the post, let us know. take care.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Technician Available!!!! - 03/01/08 07:53 PM
I'm sure Mitch would have appreciated your offer but he would have driven you broke with expensing cigars and Mexican beer.

Mitch passed away over a year ago from health related issues.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help