atcomsystems.ca/forum
I want to play the retired card, but help out a customer near Dayton. He has a dead SX-50 and a "new" SX-50. I told him about being reluctant to install equipment that does not comply with the new laws but .....

I know there's more to the story, but we will save that for another day. Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday of this week would be good for him. I can't get there until Friday and I still don't want to do it. Please PM me for details.

Carl
So back in the '80s COCOT days, I installed a pair of them in a restaurant in Michigan Bell territory. Detroit has some funny calling rates with banded service. The phones constantly had problems with the rates and compatibility with the Bell lines. So, the customer sued ME, for a full refund. What??? I couldn't sue Ma Bell, but I added the manufacturer to the suit. Keep in mind, neither of us was responsible, it was all Bell....

Anyway, the fine for not complying with Ray Baum's and/or Kari's Law is $10,000 plus some amount per day. I don't want any part of that. It seems that a $500 profit would get eaten up on legal fees or 1/3 or 1/2 a fine. Especially since a proper phone system would cost less than 1/2 of the $10K

So, sorry about his luck.
VERY sMART
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help