atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen ESI off prem Xfer - 09/02/04 03:56 PM
Got a customer that now has 2 lines off premise. (tried the OPX route but telco won't provide since they get their lines through a reseller)
Scenerio: From Auto Attendant caller presses 4, I have that as an outdial to on eof the lines. Is there a way of getting that to a VM box if no answer?
Posted By: RICK Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/02/04 07:57 PM
Which ESI product and GenI or GenII?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/04/04 01:59 PM
Sorry..It is a 42s
Posted By: RICK Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/11/04 09:14 PM
Bill,
The system has an Off Premise Reach Me feature. But the only way to make it work the way you are asking, is via a live phone
personal greeting 2 gives an option to press 4 ,to do off premise reach me, if the call is not answered it will return to the stations voicemail box, otherwise if using AA branches the call is gone and wont return, at least to the best of my knoweledge, I use the 72e in my office and use this feature, works great.
Let me know if that works for you.

Rick
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/14/04 02:05 PM
I was wondering can this be done using only a guest mailbox? We stopped selling these so I don't have one anymore to just play with and test.
Posted By: RICK Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/14/04 08:15 PM
Cant be done on a guest mailbox, only a live phone.
Wish it could.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/16/04 09:16 AM
thanks,
How about an extension with no phone? Yeah I would burn 2 extensions, but End result might work. Hmm.... I guess I could use the 2 analog ports.
Posted By: RICK Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 09/20/04 02:05 PM
You would need a live phone, if the phone is not plugged in the system prompts " that extension does not exist"
I guess you can try an analog extension, I have never tried it, but you would need to use P Greting 2 for the off premise xfer to return to voicemail in house.
Let me know if that works. Good idea!!

Thanks
Rick
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 10/08/04 04:43 PM
I guess the customer decided against it so I never got a chance to put my theory to test [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 10/08/04 08:35 PM
Why not try an IP FXO/FXS? Would would just like an IP OPX.
Posted By: tsinc Re: ESI off prem Xfer - 10/12/04 04:55 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillFlippen:
Got a customer that now has 2 lines off premise. (tried the OPX route but telco won't provide since they get their lines through a reseller)
Scenerio: From Auto Attendant caller presses 4, I have that as an outdial to on eof the lines. Is there a way of getting that to a VM box if no answer?
</font>

Hi Bill - if it's an ESI IVX 42s, I think this should work for you.

You would program Branch ID 14 as a GoTo: Outdial. The GoTo branch can be used to transfer a caller to an off-premises location, either in conjunction with Centrex lines or Trunk-to-trunk. When you select GoTo, the system will prompt you for one of those two options.

Call forward busy/no answer can be programmed (and will be prompted for) only if an outdial number is the destination of a GoTo branch.

I suppose if you wanted to invoke this outdial branch by dialing an extension number, you could use an Informational Mailbox (300-309) because the info box has the ability to define a call forward rule.

For example, define the MB300 as info, then set the call forward to Branch ID 14. Record MB300 greeting (or else it's disabled - a "transfer greeting" would work, like please hold while you call is being connected...)and then anyone calling into the Auto Attendant could dial extension 300 and the call would be transferred. I suppose if your outdial needs it's own voicemail box if there's No Answer, then you would burn two Guest/Info mailboxes in this setup.

Cheers - Stephen
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
<a href="https://www.tsinc.com">www.tsinc.com</a>

------------------
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
www.tsinc.com sjoyce@tsinc.com
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help