atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen Something stupid (me or system?) - 02/14/05 08:04 AM
OK got a little "S" class. I set up COs on Night to be answered by ID2 Day is ID1
when in night it seems to be answered by ID1 "night".
this system came from a different office, then was reprogrammed and installed by someone else. I went in in and spent about 15 minutes setting up a Daytime tree then set up a night tree. The owner had to take off so I was unable to do much trouble shooting.
I don't think ID2 is recorded, is that the problem? Or is there something more?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Something stupid (me or system?) - 02/14/05 08:51 AM
ID2 not being recorded may very well be the problem - try that first.
Posted By: Milestone Re: Something stupid (me or system?) - 02/14/05 02:21 PM
Why not use ID1 for both day and night? You can record different greetings and use different branch settings if that's what you're trying to do.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Something stupid (me or system?) - 02/14/05 03:41 PM
Ok maybe I am stupid, How do you set up branch 11 to act different during the Night vs Day?
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Something stupid (me or system?) - 02/14/05 10:35 PM
You don't. But what you can do, if you have enough sub-branches to divide between day and night (ID 11 thru 17, and 18 is the directory), is to use, say, ID 11 thru 13 for day options, and 14 thru 17 for night options. You could use ID 18 in both, neither, or one or the other. Most people will only press an option if instructed. Make sense?

Otherwise, you will be using ID 1 Day for day, and ID 2 Night for night.

Menu branches, mailboxes, etc. are not active until they have a recording.

Also, I talked to one tech support person who said even if you are not using part of a menu branch (say you only use ID 2 at night, so you only have a night recording for ID 2), you still need to record a greeting in both day and night, or you may experience problems sometime in the future.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help