atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nonameyet Hum on the Analog exts - 03/27/05 07:38 AM
This is on a Medley.

There is a Major hum on ext 191 can't even use this ext, and ext 192 is getting pretty bad as well.

What I have tried...I'm dealing with ' all used ' parts. But, on Friday, I swapped out EVERYTHING but the Hard drive and it's STILL there!

How can this be?, It's a PLASTIC cabinet

Running software 7.0.0

for the sake of simplicity, it is a 1 board system... I took it apart completely at home, somebody else said something about possibly a component was shorting out on the case.. I have it ' splayed ' all over my wood workbench,, It still has a Major Hum on ext 191.. all the Digital ports work just fine.

ANYBODY?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/27/05 08:39 AM
did you check or change the amphenol connector & punch down terminal?
mark
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/27/05 11:30 AM
one of the first things I tried was swapping the amphenol..no change, I also tried removing the Ground wire, No change, a Different Electric outlet(on a different circuit) No change....oh, a different Power Supply and a Different Circuit card.. STILL has a Hum...and just for the hell of it, I Initalized the system.. still has the Hum.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/27/05 05:28 PM
Take an extra close look at the phone system amphenol connection. Noise is usually a bad contact somewhere, a little green fuzz is easy to miss. If all else fails, a good 12 gauge shot gun should put it out of it's misery.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/28/05 03:58 PM
Who's got the GUN!!!

Funny thing about this medley...all ' new ' USED parts...New circuit card, new amphenol,
new Controller card, new harddrive...actually took the WHOLE thing Out of it's case...STILL has a Hum...

Like, I said, I'll Shoot it, But, I need the Gun!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/28/05 06:01 PM
Bad port?
Posted By: RICK Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/28/05 08:14 PM
Yes,
The Medley had a problem with the analog ports failing.

Rick

------------------
Komon Communications Inc. Business Communication Systems and Service
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/28/05 10:21 PM
Bad phone?

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: paul144 Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 03/29/05 06:41 AM
Ditto what Rick said above, check your version. The earlier versions had major issues with the S/L ports. I think that they finally got it fixed with version 6.5 and later, but I am not sure. It might even have been 7 that cleared it up.

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Executone Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 04/02/05 06:46 PM
it is version 7.0

it is NOT a bad phone.

It is NOT a bad amphenol.

Anything else? (maybe a SHOTGUN :>) )
Posted By: paul144 Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 04/04/05 07:04 AM
All I can think of is that something must be shorting somewhere. It would be tedious as heck, but maybe take a magnifying glass and check your board tracings?

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: petratech Re: Hum on the Analog exts - 05/12/05 06:46 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nonameyet:
This is on a Medley.

There is a Major hum on ext 191 can't even use this ext, and ext 192 is getting pretty bad as well.

What I have tried...I'm dealing with ' all used ' parts. But, on Friday, I swapped out EVERYTHING but the Hard drive and it's STILL there!

How can this be?, It's a PLASTIC cabinet

Running software 7.0.0

for the sake of simplicity, it is a 1 board system... I took it apart completely at home, somebody else said something about possibly a component was shorting out on the case.. I have it ' splayed ' all over my wood workbench,, It still has a Major Hum on ext 191.. all the Digital ports work just fine.

ANYBODY?

</font>

Check the amphenol connection on the esi. sometimes one of the amphenol pins get bent. Otherwise, if this is for a customer sell him a new one. They are only $695 for the c-class.

I had a problem like this before but it was a line port. The actual problem was with the lines not the system. Even though morons a BellSouth "ran a stupid and idiotic test on the lines" that showed that everything was OK. When I went out to the site I found out that I got the same noise on the RJ21X. Actually they had crossed two lines on the pole since on an incoming call the phone would ring intermittantly.
A blind two year old on crutches could have figured that out.

[This message has been edited by petratech (edited May 12, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help