atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: habboud Can Called ID be setup on a per line basis? - 06/02/05 04:32 PM
Hi,

We've just had a new IVX E-Class setup with a 684 card. Five lines are connected to CO while the sixth line is connected to a front door intercom box via Viking equipment.

Because we're using CID, there is a delay of two rings between the time when someone calls and the time that it rings at the station (I don't agree that the delay is necessary at all, but I digress).

The problem is that there is also a two-ring delay when someone presses the front door intercom box. The installer says that on the IVX, CID can be enabled or disabled on a per system basis only and not on a line per line basis.

Is this true?
Posted By: RICK Re: Can Called ID be setup on a per line basis? - 06/02/05 09:36 PM
This is true.
It is a system wide feature.
And yes CID is sent on the 2nd ring.

Rick

------------------
Komon Communications Inc. Business Communication Systems and Service
Posted By: SST Re: Can Called ID be setup on a per line basis? - 06/04/05 06:06 PM
put the door box on one of the analog ext. and program it as a door box.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SST:
put the door box on one of the analog ext. and program it as a door box.</font>

I asked the installers to do that but they said that it couldn't be done with the Viking C-1000A because it must connect to the CO line interface (it emulates a CO line apparently).
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help