atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pbogi Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 11/22/05 06:00 AM
During a recent installation of an IVX 72e GII I encountered a strange set problem. System is equipped with 612, D12, D12, and 684 cards in that order. Extension 118 (D12 in slot 2) has no black button operation at all. However, the programmable buttons do work.

Tech support told me that if reinitiallizing and restoring the programming didn't clear it, that engineering could force (poke?) the set programming. Unfotunately, it looks like that is what will need to be done seeing as the procedure didn't correct the problem.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered similar problems. If so, how were you able to resolve them?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply.
Posted By: breeze Re: Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 11/22/05 02:36 PM
Make sure you have good connectivity on your pairs. I have had a extension disable the park, hold and vmail keys on a 16 button DP1 when the cable was spliced. In this case, the splice was in a warehouse and had no protection on the pair. The distance was around 125 feet and the ophone would work for a week or so then spaz on me.
Posted By: dougster Re: Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 11/22/05 06:50 PM
Definately check the wiring. Tech Support can do a check on the errors each station has. This will help isolate the trouble to wiring.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 11/23/05 12:21 PM
Or try flipping the pair, yea, I know "its Digital"

But trust me, I've run into some weird things...
and flipping the Tip and ring fixed it.
Posted By: pbogi Re: Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 11/29/05 06:24 PM
Just wanted to post some follow-up information here. I had tech support poke the memory locations for the missing black buttons on X118 and that solved the problem. Strange that it was only that extension.

Thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: pbogi Re: Strange set problem on IVX 72e GII - 07/20/06 01:48 PM
In my original post I mistakenly referred to the system as an IVX 128e, when, in fact, it is actually a 72e.

I corrected my original post too.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help