atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull Day/Night button - 07/07/06 02:13 PM
Anybody ever had the day/night buttons quit working.Got a 56s that the day/night buttons quit working on all but one phone, you can reprogram the button and it works fine.This is the new software.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Day/Night button - 07/07/06 05:57 PM
I usually only put night button on one phone. This helps to reduce confusion, and prevents the report, "the system keeps going into night mode by itself".
Posted By: bdunne Re: Day/Night button - 07/07/06 09:22 PM
Did it actually lose the programming on the button? (i.e. when you use Program 2 does it show as programmed?)
Posted By: grider Re: Day/Night button - 07/08/06 04:40 AM
I can't say I have had that happen as described. Question: When the buttons programed for Day/Ngt loose their programming are they lost on each phone that Day/Ngt was programmed or on just specific phones? In other words does it keep happening to the same phone and same user?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Day/Night button - 07/08/06 10:05 AM
Yes if you press and hold the button it shows it is programed as day/night, can blank button out and reprogram and everthing is fine.
Posted By: grider Re: Day/Night button - 07/08/06 01:03 PM
Even though it shows to be programmed correctly during use it does not toggle from mode to mode until you blank it and reprogram. Right?

If this is the case we should try programming it to a different button on the phone.

My thought process is isolating the problem.

Is it the phone?

Isit the button?

Or, God forbid is a programming glitch in the software? eek eek
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Day/Night button - 07/08/06 01:47 PM
How many phones have the button?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Day/Night button - 07/08/06 05:39 PM
the main thing is that it doesn't show in the display what mode it's in on 2 of the three phones. That is the customers main concern, the button is on 3 phones ,when this happens x-100's button still works,shows in display, I can't remember if the other 2 can still toogle day/naight when this happens(they can't see it on there phone so they think it's not working).this happened on our in house system before the new software came out but that fixed it, I will have to check the software level on this on,it was purchased well after the new software was released.
Posted By: grider Re: Day/Night button - 07/10/06 03:56 PM
All systems I have dealt with if a Day/Ngt button is programmed on the phone then it displays the Day/Ngt status. If you have a phone that has a programmed button but the status is not showing in display we may need to contact ESI Tech Support. Are you in the ESI data base or would you like me to contact ESI?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Day/Night button - 07/11/06 07:24 AM
no we are esi dealer,when i caleed i had already fixed it, so nothing they could suggest,until it happens again.

thanks , just thought I would see if anyone else had seen this.
Posted By: PhoneSolJoe Re: Day/Night button - 07/11/06 07:36 AM
I have seen this. The phones that the button "disappears" from can still toggle through ringing modes, however it does not display what the mode is. I only have the same method to fix it.
Posted By: grider Re: Day/Night button - 07/12/06 04:06 AM
I'm thinkin a call to Tech-Support and a software upgrade or reload will solve. Kinda like changing the oil. Something in there is dirty. Get it all.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Day/Night button - 07/12/06 05:46 AM
Talked with tech support yesterday, yes there is new software coming out in a couple of weeks that will fix along with some other various problems.
Posted By: grider Re: Day/Night button - 07/12/06 07:14 AM
Great, another new one......
Oh well, at least it will get fixed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help