atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: IPKII 72eII Upgrade - 01/06/07 06:26 AM
We will be upgrading a 72eII from FS1 to FS2. I have a back up of the database, not including the prompts.

I thought I saw a post here regarding ESI's not supporting loading the database but rather, keying it in by hand?

Has anyone just loaded the saved database from FS1 into FS2 & what kind of results did you incur?
Posted By: IPKII Re: 72eII Upgrade - 01/17/07 02:35 PM
I guess this has never been attempted, then...
Posted By: bdunne Re: 72eII Upgrade - 01/17/07 08:51 PM
I haven't tried it (nor would I want to). The tech bulletins and software notes on the site are pretty explicit about backup and restore not being supported between some feature sets. I expect the demand doesn't justify the development cost to come up with an upgrade procedure like they did for the ESI 600 (where you load a special bin file before backing up) With the 600 I think they had to do it because of the size of the system.

Maybe someone on the board could offer to convert databases manually for a fee?
Posted By: IPKII Re: 72eII Upgrade - 01/19/07 05:47 AM
Thank you for your reponse, Brian. Sometimes "something" will work although tech support will not support it. I was just wondering if I could get away with this!

:idea:
Posted By: SST Re: 72eII Upgrade - 01/19/07 08:20 AM
I have loaded a saved fs1 esiaccess database and uploaded it to to the clean fs11 system in an s-class several times. And in an 72e-class once. I did have one failed attempt in an 128e.You still need to manually record all off the prompts.

Loading a backup data base and or prompts will not work.

I have a post with more detailed instructions that I had posted several monts ago.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help