atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: velocityiq message notification button - 03/29/07 04:55 AM
Any way to place a message notification "On" of "Off" button on a 24 button for IVX "C" class? Can turn the feature on or off in programming but would like to give a extention a one touch button so if they are in the office, thier messages don't forward to thier cell and if they are out of the office, they can press the button to send Vmails to thier cell. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: grider Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 05:13 AM
I'm assuming the user has a greeting recorded for greeting #2 that offers the caller the option of pressing 4 to be transferred to cell phone. If this is the case the user may not even know they need to have a Greeting #1 recorded that does not offer the option. Having a greeting recorded in each location creates the On/Off capability.
When G-1 is used forwarding is off...
When G-2 is used forwarding is on...

End user can also switch between G-1 & G-2 remotely.

If forward to cell is offered in AA main as one of the option branches the that is different set of circumstances.

John

John
Posted By: The phone Man Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:01 AM
I agree with The Honorable Mr. Grider that esi makes it easy to have messages forwarded to the cell phone.
Posted By: velocityiq Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:01 AM
I appreciate the comments, my question was not about forwarding the call to a cell phone but allowing the caller to leave a message in the extensions voicemail box and forwading that voicemail to the cell phone. I can set it up in programming and with "quiet times" but I would like to put a button on the extension to turn voicemail message forwarding on or off.
Posted By: The phone Man Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:04 AM
Well if you do not want the caller to be transfered to a cell phone than do not tell them to press 4. the owner of the mail box will get the messages at what ever phone number is programmed in off premise reach me. And as John was saying that the greeting 1 and greeting 2 button will still act as your on/off.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:18 AM
Sorry. I saw that your point was missed, but didn't have time to respond in time.

There's not a direct way to do it, but here's a possible work-around:

I'm not sure how this will apply with the C-Class, due to the limitations of the C-Class feature set. Here's a thought I had, though. Setup the MB with no notification, then setup a CFWD-RNA to Guest MB button, where the Guest MB has notification setup (or notif. on MB and none on Guest MB). Also setup a Virtual MB button on the phone for the 2nd MB, so a new message in that box can be seen when sitting at the station.

Now, since I don't remember the feature set limitations, is this even possible on a C-Class?
Posted By: upstateny Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:20 AM
If you are talking about message notification to the cell phone (you have new messages..please enter your password) you can set up a delay before it dials out to you - so if you are in the office but on the phone or gone for a few minutes it won't call you. Only down side is if you are out of the office the messages will sit in the mailbox for the delay time until you are notified.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:31 AM
5years.... I don't see anything there that would not be available on a "C" so it may work. Long way around though!

I've had customers use upstate's solution, maybe it's not perfect, but it requires to intervention or jumping thru hoops.
Posted By: upstateny Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:37 AM
If it was that critical they could have their main mailbox say please leave a message or if you would like me to be notified immediately of your message dial xyz and then have it go to a guest mailbox with no delay set which would then notify you immediately.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:41 AM
Aren't most work-arounds the "long way around"? smile
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 08:47 AM
hmmmm maybe that's why it's a work..... around!? [Linked Image from ganjataz.com]
Posted By: BCHD Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 10:18 AM
I use the message notification myself. What I had done was I contacted my cellular carrier and had them disable voicemail for my cellular phone. Since the only calls I get on it are forwarded from my office phone, this works fine for me, but by doing that if he is in the office, he can have his cell turned off, therefore blocking the message notification and since there is no voicemail on the cell phone, you won't have to worry about your phone system leaving a message saying "You have new Voicemail. Please enter your password." This way, if he is at his desk, phone rings, he can answer or let it go to voicemail, but when he is out of the office, just simply turn the cell phone on, put the phone on DND so that it doesn't ring (mainly to save time for the caller) and then walk away from his desk. It works really well for me. I also have pager notificaiton setup for my extension so both my cell and pager usually go off at the same time. I am using a 256 X-Class FSII at my location though, so I am not sure exactly what is available with the C-Class. Hope this helps somewhat.
Posted By: velocityiq Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 10:57 AM
Grider's post was right, I just didn’t understand it. I will set up buttons to control which greeting is played and this will give them one touch control for message notification.
Thanks for the info.
Posted By: grider Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 03:20 PM
:db: :db: :db: :db:
Posted By: The phone Man Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 03:57 PM
5 years,

What is a CFWD-RNA? I know what call forward is but what is RNA
Posted By: grider Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 04:17 PM
velo, Also show your end user how to call in from remote location to switch from G-1 to G-2 or vice versa. You will be a hero in their eyes. Also make the end user aware that when a caller selects the option to be transfered to cell the end user must take the call, it will not end up in the cell VM if unanswered. It will revert back to user mailbox if not manually answered.

John
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: message notification button - 03/29/07 04:25 PM
Originally posted by The phone Man:
5 years,

What is a CFWD-RNA? I know what call forward is but what is RNA
Ring-No-Answer. As opposed to an Immediate Call Forward, it forwards after the Transfer Recall Timer expires.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: message notification button - 03/31/07 09:02 AM
Grider right?...... gee I see his head is swelling again. sheesh!
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Re: message notification button - 06/21/07 09:43 AM
RNA is a phoneguy's worst enemy!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help