atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: newdev Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:11 PM
I have all the manuals except the actual install manual for the ESI IVX S phone system. I have moved it and need to reprogram some of the setup items.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: newdev Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:24 PM
OR Better yet if someone will tell me how to program the extensions to ring the CO's when auto attendant is off...
Thanks
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:27 PM
The install manual is definately what you need for the important changes you are wanting to make on a system after moving it. I must be honest with you right away that you can get the install manual but not from here. The effort you will go through to get it will be more time consuming than just hiring an ESI certified tech to make changes for you.

Sorry to be so blunt but that is the way it is.

There are 3 things we don't do here.

1. Give out installer level passwords.
2. Provide installer level manuals.
3. Circumvent local trained technicians in the performance of their profession.

I'm not saying you won't get some help here but maybe not as much as you want for the price you are willing to pay.

So what are the things you would like to change in the system setup?

John
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:30 PM
Originally posted by newdev:
OR Better yet if someone will tell me how to program the extensions to ring the CO's when auto attendant is off...
Thanks
I assume you mean you want the lines to ring in a specific scenario prior to the AA taking the call?

John
Posted By: newdev Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:45 PM
Actually the way it has worked best is that all my extensions ring and if no one is available then it goes into the auto
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 07:54 PM
The way you want this to happen is all incoming lines ring all extensions for a selected time and then go to AA. You can have the AA take the call at any of the following 4 choices: 1st ring, 3rd ring, 5th ring or 9th ring. I recommend 5th ring. How many incoming lines do you have and how many extensions do you have?

John
Posted By: newdev Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:00 PM
Firstly thanks for your help. I have 3 incoming and 4 extensions and yes 5th ring is what it use to be.

Thanks
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:08 PM
Hey, that is what I do, and I'm good at it.(I always wanted to say that) :rofl:

The good news is I can and several other ESI techs can do this for you remotely using the internal modem.

The bad news is we must go through a verification process before I can do this. See rule #3 above.

Are you the business owner where this system is located?
Where did you purchase this system?
Who did the original programming of the system, back when it worked the way you want it to?

John
Good point John
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:20 PM
Originally posted by The phone Man:
Good point John
I'm sure you are referring to me being good at what I do!! :banana:
Yes I am John I think I need to keep referring to you as my mentor and one of the best teachers I have ever had besides my father. Thanks for all the wonderful knowledge you have passed on to me. I feel I have come a long way.

Edited for Spelling!
Posted By: newdev Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:37 PM
Actually the unit is originally Norvergence and was bought on Ebay a year or so ago and honestly I don't want to use the only dealer in my area. I have handled all my other hone systems for the last 10 years and though they did it over a year ago tehy were not my favorite... I my competition in my business didn't go directly to customers like you all are trying to protect yours... unfortunately this internet has its good and its bad... I am sure you all have used the internet for a tv, washer, car, motorcycle or something you wanted to do yourself or get a better deal on too!

Thanks
Posted By: newdev Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:38 PM
screwed up a few words there.. phone not hone, they not tehy and wish should have been before my
newdev,

There is something that you will find here we are professionals at what we do. When I first got here I was as miss spelling as you could ever believe but I learned something I learned about the wonderful knowledge that is here. We protect our profession but you will find wonderful knowledge here. You are working with one of the best here John is full of helpful knowledge. Good luck.
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/10/07 08:55 PM
If I am understanding you correctly you purchased the system and after the purchase of the system you were not able to get the customer service from the local ESI dealer you felt you deserve.

At this point I think we should visit through either private message or email or even a phone call.

My reasoning is this: There is a dealer out there that you prefer not to work with. It may be because he is not doing his job or it may be because you don't understand how valuable he is. Either way it can't be discussed in the open forum. I am doing everything I can to be of service but also disciplining myself in my actions. If you work with me here I'll get you in business. Fair enough?

John
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/11/07 06:03 AM
newdev:

I see you are in Florida, so are John (grider) and I, as well as a number of very qualified and fair ESI dealers that participate here in the forums. Maybe you can let us know where you are and suggest a better alternative dealer?

Not stepping on toes here John, if you can help via dial-in that's great, but there is always benefit in having a good working relationship with a local dealer.
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/11/07 06:12 AM
No problem Jim! newdev is somewhere here in Florida and even though he doesn't know it he needs help. A remote connection could solve a lot of his issues but you are absolutely correct, he needs a local relationship. Email sent this morning to attempt to contact. :shrug:
Posted By: grider Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/11/07 06:26 PM
I think this thread has wound to its end so I think I'll add a few final points for others to see, especially the young that haven't seen this type of interaction before.

The original poster of this thread and his wife started a retail store in Florida in 1999. Since then they have opened up 2 other locations specializing in the sales of very high end tile for new home construction and remodeling.

All 3 locations have a seperate phone number with rollovers so the caller can contact the business in an effort to do business. In other words that caller on the outside is making the initial steps to deliver money to this business owner. This business owner decided to purchase a phone system on ebay to install in the business. Once he got the phone system he realized that unless you program it correctly all incoming calls will go to the automated attendant. This rather difficult situation inspired this fine man to get on the internet and request something that the ebay seller could not provide him, the installer manual. As you can see above we discussed numerous issues but in the long run since the tile professional can't program his telephone system because it requires someone that has valuable training and he is not willing to participate in the American economic system he will using the services of someone beneath the level of a professional.

Tile Man, I hope you are not offended but I told you in the beginning what was available and what wasn't.

John
Very well said John I agree it goes back to that other post a while back. about ebay technicial support. That is the benefit of a valuable trained telecommunications professional. I hope I did not offend anyone but this is just proof in the pudding. We are very valuable in our trade and profession.
Posted By: LaneComm Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/16/07 10:17 AM
If I had a dollar for every system we got a call about that was bought on Ebay, I think I could retire. I feel like part of the telecom roulette wheel - I am sure they Google XXXX system resellers and hope for answers.

We typically will not deal with them.

I figure they probably got the system for pennies on the dollar that they can spend some money with the people who spent money to become qualified to sort out there issues.
Posted By: walterv Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/17/07 08:19 PM
Keep the good work up grider, and all my fellow ESI dealers, we pay for our knowledge and to just give it away is a crime. If we all do the right thing we can stop this. Seems to me You ESI guys have the right idea. I have a smile on my face.... Thanks

walter
Posted By: LaneComm Re: Install Manual for ESI IVX S series - 04/18/07 06:43 PM
This is one reason why I really like ESI, they stand behind there dealers unlike many others!

Great products, Great support and a Great Staff.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help