atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chida66 Ext forwarding with no phone present??? - 05/09/07 10:56 PM
I have a customer opening a new site that is moving nine of its people from the first site to the second.

She wants to have the nine ext's forwarded to DID's on the new sites location where a 3com PBX is installed.

Is there a way to do this without the ESI phones remaining plugged in to the switch? Like a virtual ext.

She wants to hit ext 110 at the first office and have it ring one of the 3com phones at the second office. They have an extensive AA that we would like to remain intact.

Thanks.
Which ESI system is it?
As long as you have an E Class or bigger / better you can. Also please complete your profile and let us know who you are and who you work for..thanks!!
Upstate, are you sure it can be done? At least with the extension he's needing to use?

I have an X-class... anytime an extension isn't plugged in, the system freaks out and routes the call to the operator extension. Ended up giving everyone an info mailbox, (with a silent greeting message) which then routes to their extension. This way they give out a virtual extension number to the public. Someone calling in, only knows the virtual number, the directory is set up for it too.

The one guy whose only extension is an IP phone, and is often on the road (phone not connected), I set up his programming to go to the info mailbox (virtual extension) then to a department, and then finally to a guest mailbox, which he has a virtual mailbox key programmed for (never can use his built-in key). WIth the department programming, the phone doesn't need to be connected for the department ringing and forwarding to work.
I just tested this on a 72e , it worked as long as the phone was call forwarded external.

I call forwarded x-102 external to my cell phone, unplugged phone ,called X-102 and it came to my cell. This only seems to work by pressing the DSS button or entering the ext. number , It didn't work coming through the AA.
Posted By: chida66 Re: Ext forwarding with no phone present??? - 05/10/07 12:35 PM
The system is a 72e FSII. They are currently using all of their department groups.

Steve, I might try a workaround using the call fwd external, but if anyone knows how to get the calls to work when comming through the AA that would help a great deal.

Thanks.
You could set up some up AA branch's to outdial to the DID's on the 3-Com, and change the greeting , for Joe Blow press "1" , branch 11 could be setup to outdial to the DID's. nad so on
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help