atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Patty ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 01:38 PM
I have an ESI IVX - S Class phone system and I need an expansion card. I need a 482 for a 42S. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this and how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks

Patty
Posted By: Test-ok Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 01:50 PM
Have you tried https://www.mtcwholesale.com/ or https://pcwusa.com/telecom-ivx.htm
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 01:59 PM
Why not call the company that installed it, or call ESI and they can point you to an ESI dealer in your area.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 02:06 PM
That's actually a good suggestion. Because even if you find someone to buy one from, who's going to install it, and program the system for the new lines and stations, as well as other things that need to happen after adding a card?
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 02:43 PM
I just removed one from a 42s 3 days ago. It is sitting in the shop wrapped in bubble wrap. With friends like ya'll who needs enemies! :rofl:

I've sent Patty an email. If her company has an installer I'll be glad to work out the details with her or him.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 07:01 PM
It's a sparky, it's a CG, it's a Verizon tech....

No it's GRIDER! [Linked Image from smilieland.com]

hehehehe
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 07:50 PM
I'm just getting warmed up. Not only is she going to need a 482 port card but an expansion cabinet will be necessary. This is just a guess based on information from her office website. I think she is already expanded to 8x16 and needs to get a few more extensions online. Anyone have a exp cabinet to add to the mix?
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 08:15 PM
Lemme check tomorrow AM, I had a few, but they may have gone out....
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/13/07 11:59 PM
Contact Breeze. He probably has one.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/14/07 07:15 AM
I have contacted breeze about the exp cabinet. After speaking to Patty this morning one is definitely needed. So in case PhoneSol or breeze doesn't have one anyone else that has one let me know.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/14/07 07:18 AM
John....why not order one from ESI??
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/14/07 07:41 AM
Ordering one from ESI will probably happen. If everyone else is like I am they have items laying around just looking for a home. I thought I would throw out the opportunity for someone to move out some dormant inventory.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/14/07 09:02 AM
Jonh:

I've got a couple, yell if you want one, I'll ship it today.
Posted By: Patty Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/14/07 12:22 PM
Hello all!

First - allow me to tell you what an amazing group you all are. I don't know a thing about phones (or technology for that matter!). Pretty much I hate technology and it hates me. I wanted to thank you all for your input, advice and giudance. You have solved my problems and I am very greatful. John Grider found me the expansion card and cabinet and handled the entire thing for me! It was so easy and painless.

I just wanted to tell you it was a pleasure!

Patty
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/18/07 04:17 PM
Patty is the President of a Public Relations firm in North Carolina. After her apparently thrilling success story after visiting us here at Sundance she decided to write about us on her daily blog.
I am flattered by her mention of me personally but it wasn't just me. To the Board a Toast! :toast:
Clic to read Patty\'s Blog
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/18/07 10:27 PM
Good job John, and everyone else involved. That's what this place is all about!
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/19/07 03:56 AM
Congrats John - Did you ever find out who installed it and why they couldn't expand it??
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/19/07 04:36 AM
Patty's husband, also named John, did the install at the current location. The system itself originally went into service in another state. I could tell it had not been installed by someone with years of experience because it had never had the installer password changed until last Friday.
Posted By: Patty Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/30/07 11:30 AM
Hello all:

Remember me? I am the PR person that posted a while back with questions regarding an expansion card (and cabinet. John Grider and several of you were so helpful.

Well I have another question for you.... My ESI IVX 42S system has a nasty little habit. It won't release a line on occasion. It grabs a line and ties it up. There doesn't seem to be any rhime or reason to when it does it. In order to release the line, we have to bring the system down and reboot it.

So .... all you gurus out there..... any thoughs for me?

Thanks again for all your help in the past. You have been wonderful!

Patty
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Expansion Card - 06/30/07 02:13 PM
You are well remembered here. You are one of the rare ones that would drop back in to say thank you.

As far as the phone system issue, I'll make an adjustment this evening inside your system and in the next few weeks we will know if the change makes a difference.

To my fellow techs what I'll be changing is line receive volume from 10 to 6.
Posted By: Patty Re: ESI Expansion Card - 07/02/07 07:30 AM
All:

OK it is official - John Grider is my hero! He has been so helpful and you all are just the best! Thank you so much.

Patty
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Expansion Card - 07/02/07 08:44 AM
[Linked Image from smilieland.com]
Look it's John Grider, (sigh) our hero!

All jokes aside, John is always extremely helpful.
Posted By: breeze Re: ESI Expansion Card - 07/25/07 06:19 PM
John...You are a great guy! I mean that...I'm not kissing any...By the way, I have a ton of this ESI stuff so don't be shy if you are in a bind.
PhoneSol...That flappin cape is awesome!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help