atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BCHD Esi-Link search by name - 06/26/07 07:59 AM
I am using an IVX 256x to connect to another 256x across town with Esi-Link. When I use the Esi-Dex button to select my remote site, it says to select an extension or use the number keypad to spell out the first 3 letters of the person's name, just like the station dex does for on-site extensions, but no matter what I enter for the first 3 letters of a person's name, it always says no match found. Has anyone else heard of this problem? Thanks.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/26/07 09:07 AM
Did you "publish" the numbers?
Posted By: BCHD Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/26/07 09:35 AM
Yes, the numbers are published and can be scrolled through on the Esi-Dex, but if I am looking for "Jim", I press 546, and it says no match found, but if I scroll through, I can see Jim at Ext. 102 without a problem and then I can hit the Esi-Dex key again to dial him.
Posted By: dans Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/26/07 04:33 PM
Do need to enable a directory?
Posted By: grider Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/26/07 06:48 PM
What happens if you enter the first 3 letters of Jim's last name?

Are you able to get to esi-dex entries other than Jim?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 04:22 AM
Here's another question...what does your vendor (and ESI) say?? These are normally questions that my customers would ask me to address and if needed to get ESI tech support involved.
Posted By: BCHD Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 05:51 AM
I am not able to spell out anyone's name at all. I can scroll through the remote extension list and dial someone without any problems, but as far as spelling out their name, that doesn't work with any extensions.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 09:21 AM
I just recreated the same issue with our ESI-Link (we're linked to a customer site for testing) and I too can scroll through all the names but it doesn't work with the "first three letters".

We're on a ESI-600 with the latest software.... I'll ask ESI about it.
Posted By: BCHD Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 09:28 AM
I spoke with my Installer a little while ago, and he had me attempt it, but instead of using the first 3 letters, only using 1 letter, and that worked. I would just think that since the system clearly says to enter the first 3 letters, that it would work that way. Just so I am not the only one with this problem. I even called someone at my remote location and had them attempt it and they had the same problem. My installer thought it might have just been something with the version of FW that my system is running, but when the other system had the same problem, we knew it wasn't that. My office and my remote office are both running IVX 256x systems, but both are running different FW revisions. At least I can save SOME time now by getting close to the letter I want.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 09:34 AM
BCHD, you are absolutely correct, I can find someone with the first letter, but subsequent letters give a "no match found" message.

I'll report to ESI technical and see what they say.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 02:31 PM
I just checked ESI web-site....

it is a Known Issue.

Their solution for the time being, dial 2 digits until the correct name is found...

I'm sure it will be addessed in a future software release.
Posted By: BCHD Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/27/07 02:34 PM
That works even better than the 1 digit and I didn't realize that you could enter the search keys again, like if I have Jim and Kim both on the same system, and I enter 54 to search for Kim, but it shows Jim. I can enter 54 again, and it will go to Kim. Just a little FYI.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Esi-Link search by name - 06/28/07 10:53 PM
Yeah, it used to be, when it was single-digit ESI-Dex, that pressing the single key multiple times would search thru all of the available choices that matched the letters on that key. I didn't know, either, that the multiple digits could be used in the same manner.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help