atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BCHD Busy light - 07/19/07 11:58 AM
Can anyone tell me of an inexpensive busy light that is compatible with the ESI 48 Key Digital phones? My desk is actually a cubicle and I constantly have people come around the corner of my desk asking questions when I am on the phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: grider Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 12:14 PM
Smith & Wesson makes several models to choose from and they are compatible with all models of telephones. They arn't cheap but very effective.
Posted By: BCHD Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 01:03 PM
My finance office has a problem with that vendor and won't let them in the door. Every time I have tried to bring their rep in the door with me, they have called the cops.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 02:01 PM
If you're using a Plantronics headset this works:
Purple Light
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 02:04 PM
Make a Note to pin up.

Don't come a knocken when I'm a talken.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 02:12 PM
Being a phone-guy for a Loooonnnnggggg Time, I always thought that would be a Great Invention, like maybe a small ' grain-of-wheat' bulb on the Top of the headband...seems like an easy thing to do.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Busy light - 07/19/07 05:21 PM
Here's another VIKING solution or the in-use light.

Also, there is at least one HEADSET with a built-in in-use light, it looks like it's in the hear piece.
Posted By: BCHD Re: Busy light - 07/20/07 05:11 AM
The only thing is that I am not using a headset. I have seen a couple of models from HelloDirect.com that when you order the lifter, it comes with a free "BUSY" light, but I don't need the lifter and I am not exactly sure how it would hook up otherwise.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Busy light - 07/20/07 05:16 AM
Mike Sandman might have something check at www.sandman.com
Posted By: SST Re: Busy light - 07/20/07 09:56 PM
Train your people to look at your phone. If the red light is on, on top of the phone, then you are on the phone. Some people will respond well given a treat, others will need a fist full of tough luv! Either way, they'll learn.

And oh yes, lke grider said, the Smith and Wesson will come with a light also. It's called a lazer sight. These are effective for the most stubborn intruders. Even they will respond to this light.

Good luck wink
Posted By: dougster Re: Busy light - 07/23/07 03:12 PM
Get a sign like the "Roadrunner" always used that says, "ON PHONE!" Professional productions are sold at a company called 'Acme.'
Posted By: Sydeshow MO Re: Busy light - 07/24/07 03:34 PM
Just have your 48 key phone in clear sight. Everyone in your office should know about the OEM busy lamp on each phone...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help