atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dangmoss ESI Hardware Manual - 08/15/07 11:03 PM
Where can I find the hardware / install manual for a IVX E-Class. I have to move a system and i'm a newbie with ESI but I am familar with other phone systems.

I have the admin manual.

Also how do I find the passwords for the phone system?

Thanks Alot All Who Respond.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/15/07 11:19 PM
Are you an authorized ESI reseller? If not, I suggest contacting ESI as to how to become one.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/16/07 04:46 AM
Dangmoss and anyone else that feels like dealing with an ESI E-Class is simple. All you need is an installer manual, Right?

Aircom asked if you were an authorized ESI Reseller, of course he knows as well as everyone else that your not because all ESI resellers have access to all manuals. If you did have an installers manual that would only provide you with a warm fuzzy feeling that you could accomplish the task of moving the system. You will definitely need to associate yourself with the original installer of the system or plan to work with any one of the several excellent ESI techs that are members of this board. Be prepared to pay a reasonable fee which you can pass along to the end customer. If you handle this correctly you will look like a professional! If you choose to save a few measly dollars you will only sell out your reputation for nothing.

We are here to be of service but we are not a source of free manuals in pdf format.

Good Luck!
Posted By: The phone Man Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/16/07 05:35 AM
Well said we here know the passwords because we have done the time to get to where we are now. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/16/07 05:41 AM
There is a manual link at the top of this page
Posted By: tom@tgcomm Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/18/07 05:40 PM
Besides, The manual won't help if you don't have the password. Well said Grider.
Posted By: dangmoss Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/20/07 07:32 AM
Who should I call for help?

I'm onsite now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/20/07 08:23 AM
Call ESI Tech support. You can find their # on the reseller site.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 08/20/07 09:05 AM
Like I said, any ESI Certified Tech

I sent my contact info to your email.

I take PayPal :thumb:
Posted By: B1ooger Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 06:10 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong but this is a tech support page for people to ask for, and give information with the intent to help one another. Not for people to be asses and purposely withhold information that might help a fellow tech. I can only hope that one day when your in need of some password or feature code that you get the same reaction as your giving. And you people know who you are.
Posted By: skip555 Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 06:18 PM
B1ooger

you might want to review the rules on how to use the forum
3. The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered.

4. Technicians should discuss issues related to trade and business practices in the Installers forum. Posting of wholesale prices, quota information and manufacturer relationship issues are subject to being edited or removed. Posts that are not in the proper category will be moved to the proper category. As a rule, installers and interconnect business owners should post business related issues in the private installer forum.
Posted By: The phone Man Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 06:34 PM
B1ooger,

The posting of passwords in open forum is a legal violation pertaining to intellectual property.

Do as Skip said and read the rules of the board. We are here to help out people who come here but we follow the rules. There are many members here that if you ask them they will be glad to help but it has to be done a certain way.

Good luck
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 07:28 PM
Originally posted by B1ooger:
Tell me if I'm wrong but this is a tech support page for people to ask for, and give information with the intent to help one another. Not for people to be asses and purposely withhold information that might help a fellow tech. I can only hope that one day when your in need of some password or feature code that you get the same reaction as your giving. And you people know who you are.
OK, Your wrong! Do you feel better now? I'm sorry, am I being an ass? The information desired by the original poster basically was (1) I want an installers manual and (2) I want to know the default installer password. I being one of many members here have a long list of assistance given freely to many new members without mention of a financial transaction. I have this ability that came along with the grey hair that helps me sort out those who are truly in need of help and those that feel it is owed to them because this is the internet. You are one of those! Here is how I know! First of all you are not a technician at all. You are just in a bind because you got in over your head. A real technician knows that tis better to give than to receive. You on the other hand march in and whine like a baby in your first post about how we long time members are not treating you fairly. You insult our intelligence!

I'm guessing that this is not your first post, but just the first post under the NEW name. I'm also guessing that you have chosen this thread to post your whine to because you really need the keys to the castle. Hey, I did my best to warn you about telling a customer you could program an E-Class five minutes after you heard of one for the first time.

Ya just gotta learn the hard way, huh?
Posted By: KLD Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 08:20 PM
John and Jules, if indeed this is a two ID registered member, remember, that offense is a breach of the Terms of Service that the registrant agrees to to be a member here. This could cause both IDs being BANNED for life.

I'll go take a look.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 08:24 PM
Just ban one of them, Keep the other one so I have something to do like a cat playing with a mouse till it dies.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/25/07 08:37 PM
My company spent thousands of dollars and a lot of time and effort to get 4 technicians certified by ESI so that we HAVE the installer manuals, know the passwords ans are TRAINED to install a very nice line of equipment... NOW, just because you are in way over your head, I'm supposed to bail you out for FREE. Call me an ass, but I think you've come to the wrong place, you aren`t on some hack site. You`ll find a huge gathering of professionals here that are all more than willing to assist on any number of issues. Just not manuals and hacks that undermine our existance as professionals. Have a nice day.
Posted By: jacktel Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/26/07 05:18 AM
I was on job site cabling for new office addition and preping for upgrade of ESI system,I do not do ESI and so was watching tech install new system on rack and cabling to MDF. The reason I'm posting was because the tech had driven from Atlanta,Georga to Phila.,Pa.to do upgrade and was contracted for 3 days work ,then he would drive back. In 22 days another tech will fly in for 2 days work then fly back.Is the ESI system so hard to setup that a Company needs to fly in people to install and program?
Posted By: The phone Man Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/26/07 05:23 AM
Its not that hard your customer might have been a national account and it could some kind of an esi national account.
Posted By: jacktel Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/26/07 05:32 AM
Didn't look like more than 6-7, 25 pr. amp. cables to MDF and cross to station blocks,had smaller existing ESI so all ext. info was printed out for existing locations.I was amazed at distance of travel,and wondered why local certified tech was not sub contraced?
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/26/07 10:57 AM
An ESI system is no different than any other as far as degree of difficulty. Like any other system if you have Nortel gremlins jumping around in your brain while working on an Avaya everything is difficult. If you tell the Nortel gremlins to sit down and shut up and listen only to the Avaya gremlins it's a breeze. The ESI gremlins are no different.

As far as the guy driving from Atlanta to Philly that sounds like a waste of time and money. Ken KLD never installed an ESI until last week but had no problems. Some interconnects prefer to send someone on the road as opposed to finding a local. I think it is the old If ya want it done right mentality.
Posted By: tom@tgcomm Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 09/29/07 11:42 AM
Hell, I'm 20 mins. from Philly! (and Certified!)
Posted By: ckfender Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 10/24/07 07:02 PM
I'm in Philly.
Posted By: Eddie Mikell Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/14/08 08:18 AM
Man, almost hate to post here, as everyone seems to have gotten a 'mit touchy, but hey, I lost a wife to a drunk driver, and a son in a worthless war - what else you guys gonna do to me.

When someone rings into our system, there seems to be a "pool" of people who can answer the phone - I guess that is the calling group.

As people come and go, the extensions assigned to them change.

Yes, I can call our local rep, and for $150 a shot each visit, they will gladly come in, spend 10 minutes on the phone and change the calling group for me, but I can't see that spending that kind of money. I'm sorry guys, but I know it's two or three keystrokes and it can be changed. Bless all their greedy hearts.

I have the installer password, and have made some mods to the system,

all what the heck, go a head and flame me. Give you guys something fun to do the rest of the afternoon
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/14/08 08:25 AM
Eddie:

What type of ESI system is it?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/14/08 08:26 AM
Eddie, First I'm sorry for your terrible loss. Second welcome to the board.

While I can't help with your problem, I can suggest that you will get answers better if you start a new post for this issue. Select "post a new Topic" at the top right of this page and put your question in. That helps the search engine work better when someone else comes looking for a similar issue, and it also keeps the threads coherent.
Thanks.
Mark
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/14/08 08:42 AM
Eddie, There is a difference between the original poster and yourself. He had no password, no manual and no common sense. I do find it odd you are both from Virginia.

If all that needs to be done is modifying the ring patterns then your ESI rep can do it remotely for a considerable less charge than that of location visit. He or she deserves something for their efforts. As a matter of fact any ESI dealer can if the password is known.

Try this, start a new topic with your request and if handled and worded correctly maybe something can be done for you.

BTW, My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife and son.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/14/08 11:58 AM
You would also find you get more help if you didn't come in and bash our fellow technicians. The fact that they charge for a service call doesn't make them greedy....it pays their bills and lets them stay in business!

As John said your existing installer or any ESI reseller can dial in and make the change in minutes. You should expect to pay something for this service as the tech who dials in is being paid, the phone line he calls from costs money, the laptop he uses costs money, the office he sits in costs money etc.

My guess is if you are an employee you are being paid to work for that company, why would you expect a vendor to work for free??
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/16/08 10:24 AM
I really hate to pile on to this hijack, but the truth of the matter is that you are expecting someone to do something for free just because you've seen a qualified and trained technician do something well and make it look easy in the process. Because they made it look easy, that makes you not want to pay for it. The fact that they made it look easy means that they are good at what they do, which should even more-so make you want to pay them. Would you rather call in someone who doesn't know what they are doing and pay them for twice as much time than the skilled guy cost? Why punish the tech who knows what he is doing?

Justin
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/16/08 03:44 PM
Well said 5years! I am quite certain that if I took a Tirelist traveling 100 mph to the temple of my hard head, when the EMT's show up I expect them to know what to do and do it fast. When I regain my consciousness I will be very respectful of their abilities an efforts and pay the bill.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/19/08 11:03 AM
I had the pleasure of assisting Eddie Mikell in his attempts to change the members of group 290. I found Eddie to be knowledgeable in his technical efforts and he also showed a great respect for the knowledge we as ESI Techs have available for those that are interested.

Shortly after Eddie posted on March 14th I decided to prove a point about the value of our abilities. I sent Eddie an email and offered him one hour of free tech support. Eddie responded by accepting my Tech Support Service, however after the changes in programming were accomplished he insisted I send his company an invoice.

To Eddie Mikell :toast:
Posted By: EV607797 Re: ESI Hardware Manual - 03/19/08 12:18 PM
Great job John. It is impressive that you were able to help to square things away. Thanks for being such an instrumental part of making this forum what it is.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help