atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jrbeilke Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 07:23 AM
The topic says it all, we are looking for recommendations on call recording solutions for ESI Systems. So far the only real stand out has been Digital Loggers but they are only able to record calls and caller id from in front of the KSU.

Here is the unit that we are looking at: https://www.digital-loggers.com/dli.MIL8000U.html

We have a 17 phone installation that wants call recording with caller id and extension numbers on the ESI system. Does anyone know of a solution that would allow us to record all phones with extension numbers?

I know the ESI digital signaling is proprietary and ESI will not give out any information on it, but is there a workaround such as using a call recorder on analog stations and conferencing in on digital stations?
Posted By: grider Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 07:39 AM
If I understand correctly the business wants to record every conversation of every extension then have access to those recordings to sort out in some sort of business specific manner?

If Yes then you need:

17 48 Button Phones
1 NSP Card
25 Seat VIP License
Microsoft Outlook Email Program

Install VIP Pro to all extensions and have them set to auto-record.

Network Admin with access to all email accounts moves recordings from Outlook to specific drive for storage.
Posted By: jrbeilke Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:03 AM
There are a few problems that we have with that solution John,

1. The user can hit their record button to stop recording their call.

2. The user has a popup for EVERY call that they make on whether they would like to save or delete the recording

3. The recordings fill up a person's voicemail, where they are also able to delete the recordings themselves.

4. The messages in outlook with the recordings cannot be forwarded directly but must be saved as a .wav file, and forwarded manually.

5. Messages in Outlook can only be played from the recordings or voicemail folder, if they are moved they do not play correctly.

Don't get me wrong it's a great idea, but as far as I know it won't do what we need it to for this customer.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:04 AM
Not exactly John, Auto-record is not built-in to VIP, Auto Record is availabe in 2 seat licenses, and MUST use VIP to operate, but there are limitations on the number of Auto-record licenses that you can apply to each ESI system based on the size (hours) of the voicemail.

For example, on the 56s you can have up to 2 seats of auto-record, on the 600 you can have 16, and the 1000 will handle 32, so you COULD buy a 600 or 1000 and record all calls, but the swtich is obvious overkill for a 16/17 phone install! No ESI system will allow EVERY user to auto-record due to the potential to quickly fill up available space in the VM system.

To truely record ALL calls, you must have a third party solution, and it must be in front of the switch; at least in the few installations that I have seen.
Posted By: jrbeilke Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:08 AM
I almost forgot about the Auto-Record limit, thanks for the heads up PhoneSol. So on a 56s or even if we get the customer into a larger system, they would still be limited to 8 auto-records.

PhoneSol, do you have any recommendations on third party solutions that have worked well for you?
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:15 AM
See my revised #'s on the above post, the 600 WILL do 16 and the (beta) 1000 will do 32. So you could use one of those with VIP Pro and auto-record at every station.

I've only seen a few 3rd party ones, and we didn't install them, they were on the "lines" with another system, and we simply replaced the switch with an ESI. I don't remember the names off the top of my head. We chose to stay away from the issue since it wasn't our equipment!
Posted By: grider Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 11:51 AM
I did not know there was a limit on the auto-record. Does that mean each time you reach the limit you are required to reset auto-record. Then it would no longer be automatic since it involves manual intervention. Tricky Terminology!!
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 11:56 AM
I think I could have been clearer....

The limit is on the number of auto-record SEATS that you can have licensed on any particular ESI switch. The bigger the switch, the more seats available, up to 32 on the ESI-1000.

Is that better?
Posted By: grider Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 12:04 PM
I knew what you meant but what I meant was that I didn't know there were limits based on licenses purchased. Somehow I feel like I'm wandering off track in my thought process. It happens, more & more.

What about the purchase of unlimited licenses or is that a separate issue?
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 12:26 PM
seat licensing is limited to;
2 on the S-class
4 on the ESI-100
8 on the ESI-200
16 on the ESI-600
32 on the ESI-1000

no more, no unlimited!
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 12:33 PM
What kind of lines are we talking about? I'm getting ready to (next week) turn up a solution that records at the PRI, where it intercepts all calls at the PRI, and then ties it to the station using the associated SMDR. I believe there is also a similar solution that ties in at each phone, or at each analog line.
Posted By: Thomas Fox Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 05:11 PM
Couldn't you do as 5years suggests, recording at the PRI level, and assign a specific DID to each extension, and sort that way?
Posted By: bdunne Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:05 PM
What's the specific solution you're using, 5years?
I would like to have something to offer the company that needs everything recorded.

ESI's call recording is more of a convenience feature for very specific applications, say, a collections phone, or a legal department of a larger firm. It's not something that should be implemented comapany-wide because it's not really a "solution" , it's more of an option or add-on.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Call Recording on ESI Systems - 08/22/07 08:17 PM
Brian,

It's Trisys' RePlay solution. I haven't finished implementing it, but should be wrapping it up next week (on a Comdial FXII). I'll post back when I get it done.

https://www.trisys.com/replay.htm

Let me know if you need a number for someone to contact at Trisys, specifically regarding the RePlay
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help