atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous ESI-Link Quality - 08/23/07 11:54 PM
I have a customer in which I'm attempting to switch to a P2P T1. Currently they are using COX cable at both locations. An IVC card was installed in each location back in November.

Back in November, everything worked fine over the cable connection. The latency is about 30ms. Jitter is a little higher than I would like (10-15ms). Hops between locations is 6. I've never seen more than 2 ESI-Link channels open concurrently. Cable connection at each end is 10mbps down 1mbps up.

Recently the customer has had some very bad audio issues. However this is only when connecting from an ESI Telephone to another ESI Telephone.

I ran a test with one of my employee's where I was at cab 701. Called into cab 700, grabbed a CO line. We talked on the phone for about 20 min. Audio was choppy for only about 2 seconds. Pretty expected with the cable company connection.

However if we call 700145 to 701101, you can "feel" the vibration coming from the handset. It does that from every 48 key to 48 key.

Has anyone seen this? I hope that if I do get a P2P in there it will kill the issue.
Posted By: Toneman Re: ESI-Link Quality - 08/24/07 08:07 AM
I have noticed that when a call was transferred to me from 700 to 701101 while connected through a p2p t1 in Arkansas that the echo was so bad that I would have to call the inbound caller back to have much clearer communications. I was working sales at the time for this company and they were aware of the problem but stated they could not get a fix for it. This was about 5 years ago though. I was told it was because the call routed through so many portals that this was the problem. I sure hope the got that fixed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help