atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jackal Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 09:05 AM
I have a couple of questions.

There is a Norvergence system I am thinking about buying. The cover says Norvergence, The side of the 2 slot carrier says ESI S Class. When the ESI 48 button phones boot up they say Norvergence CCS Matrix. I checked the firmware it is running Ver 2.05.00 Disk Ver 3.11

Down to the question I do not know anything about Norvergence. Is this system an S Class? :shrug: Can you load S Class firmware on it? This system has a Voicemail and not IAM. The passwords are all the same. I forgot to see if it said Gen II or Gen I. Everything seems to work fine. Basically I am just wondering if I should buy it.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 09:18 AM
Do a google search of Norvergence. I remember when they were around......bigtime scam artists. I believe the Founders, the Salzano bros. may have even gone to jail. Some very interesting reading.
Posted By: Jackal Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 09:32 AM
I saw Something about Bankruptcy and alot of other horrible things Scams etc. I didn't know if they bought systems from ESI and Put their software on them and their stickers or what.
Posted By: SST Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 09:33 AM
It's should be an 42s (genI sclass) Norvergence had a deal with esi to label them as the CCS Matrix.
Posted By: grider Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 10:21 AM
It's a 42s. Norvergence was putting their label on it. Norvergence came and went before Gen 2 systems became available. Send me a PM if you want to know it's dollar value.
Posted By: Avalon Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 11/30/07 02:38 PM
I got a Norvergence box from a Small Business going under, its a 42S 8x16x4, was able to re-program with ESI-access the only difference is when you hit ESI DEX on the phone it displays CCS DEX and the prompt says CCS DEX. Apart from that its ESI.

"is it a bird, is it a plane, No its the Matrix"

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
Posted By: Avalon Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 12/01/07 08:23 AM
In fact if you do some reading on this, it was a great scam. The "Matrix" was just a regular T1 channel bank that dished out 512k for Data & half a dozen phone lines, that were then either pluged into a re-badged ESI or Nortel KSU.
Norvergence made the sale to non tech savy small business, by telling them the "matrix" would "bypass" most of the toll's. They made the business sign a 5 yr lease, so after Norvergence never delivered in most cases, it became a bank v customer problem.
Posted By: Jackal Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/01/08 01:10 PM
Ok I have an update finally. I did get this system. It definately is a 42s Gen I The card in it is 482 and as before it is running 2.5.0 with Voicemail and not IAM. It has the flash and not a HDD. Do you think I should upgrade it to 2.6.2?
Posted By: grider Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/01/08 02:01 PM
I would. After the upgrade the only thing that will be Norvergence is the sticker on the front.
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/04/08 08:10 AM
That's true grider, we have had a few that we upgraded and they are working fine. Just pull the sicker off and wam it's a ESI 42S. The Salzano bro's are in jail. I had a friend in CA get into their scam and he lost a lot. He was involved in the class action and to this day has never got a dime back.

Cosmo
Posted By: Jackal Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/04/08 09:17 AM
Well I did upgrade it. Everything works great so far. It still says CCS Matrix on boot up though. That won't bother me. I did think they just put their sticker over ESI's but they didn't. I just peeled off the corner. Anyway I blacked out everything and just wrote the correct info in the blank spaces. I think this little system is going to work out quite nice. I am going to install it for my Father.
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/06/08 05:44 AM
Sounds Good

Good Luck with it

Cosmo
Posted By: gambitfw Re: Norvergence Matrix CCS - 02/19/08 02:26 PM
Not only were there 42S's out there, there are some Gen I E-Class systems with PRI cards that Norvergence sold to the "bigger" fish. I'm not sure how many, but they are out there. We just went to a Dr.'s office to replace the NEC system with with an E-Class and found 3 full boxes of abandoned Norvergence 48 key phones (yes, 36 phones). Norvergence didn't sell the systems, they only included the cost in the monthly recurring charges, so our Dr. lucked out and didn't have to buy all the phones he needed. Unfortunately, I never found the system they should have received.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help