atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: smithdj voice mail on128e - 01/06/08 08:47 PM
:bang:
I think I have it fixed but am interested in hearing any imput you guys might have...

Fully expanded 128e w/ PRI and DIDs. When accessing the directory from the main # and choosing the #8 key after hearing "when you hear the persons name please press the pound key", we were getting a voicemail message that was left for in one of the boxes.. I deleted the message from the box it was in. then emptied that boxes recycle bin. then deleted the directory listing that had been corrupted. then re-recorded the directory name... now how did the message get into the directory listing??
Posted By: grider Re: voice mail on128e - 01/07/08 03:12 AM
DJ-Susan-Heather-Jeri

First of all I need to know which system you have. I know it isn't a 56s cause they don't support pri. It is probably either a 72e or 128e.

After that is determined some MINOR progress can be made but I stress the word MINOR. There is only so much that can be done at installer level if your not an installer.

Please do not take my words as a go-away insult. I and many others here can help but you must play the cards face up around here.

Good luck ladies!
Posted By: smithdj Re: voice mail on128e - 01/10/08 07:37 PM
John,

I understand what you said in you email. and yes we do have other people in my area that are not authorized installers. We at Speros are a reputable company. I hope that in the future we may be able to work together.
I am still Interested in your stand on what caused this issue. The response I got from Scott @ ESI ts was that it was probably a message that was left during a power failure or fault. The pointers that tell the system where a message or prompt should go got mixed up during the reboot.
Posted By: grider Re: voice mail on128e - 01/11/08 02:01 AM
Speros is most definitely a reputable company and I want to welcome smithdj as a valuable young member (as far as post count) to Sundance Tech-Talk.

As far as the rather unique problem you have encountered I was leaning toward an end-user with admin access making an error during a greeting recording session. I'll defer my opinion to concur with Scott @ ESI since I know him to have always give quality objective opinions. He has seen and dealt with his share of kwerks for as long as I can remember.

Please update if anything new on this comes up and again..... welcome welcome welcome
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help