atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RobCalltrol Display of "MON" while in Monitor mode - 03/07/08 06:17 AM
User is asking if there's any way to make the phone not display "MON" while in message monitor mode (home answering machine-style). He says that incoming calls' CallerID info is being truncated because of it.
I don't believe so, Rob. The only work-around I can think of (besides not using Monitor Mode), and I'm not sure it would even work, would be to

1. Install a second phone specifically for Monitor Mode, and then have ringing occur on both phones, with voicemail going to the Monitor Mode-enabled phone.

or

2. Install a second phone, Monitor Mode enabled, and set the first phone's Cfwd settings go to the other phone's mailbox.

I don't like either option, as both would require a second phone, and like I said, I'm not even sure either would work.

Justin
The lucky thing is he does have two phones... one on his desk and the other next to his sofa.... But it wouldn't work so well, because his primary mailbox is the desk phone (he has two IP phones at home and the other phone). But you're right, it's a crazy idea. And I didn't think there was a way either....
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Display of "MON" while in Monitor mode - 03/07/08 02:17 PM
At My Home setup, I'm using an older style 4wire
ESI system, I have Caller-ID and I have ext 100 set as MON , I have no problems seeing Caller-ID.

Maybe, the OP is using a 24 button phone?
Originally posted by RobCalltrol:
But it wouldn't work so well, because his primary mailbox is the desk phone (he has two IP phones at home and the other phone).
Virtual mailbox button!

Justin
We've got the 30 button phones completely filled up, especially him, he's got a bunch of "communal" voicemail boxes programmed as virtual mailboxes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help