atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous VIP Call Control Window - 10/17/08 12:32 PM
We have a user who is a VIP ACD Supervisor. Whenever they click on the VIP button within Outlook, the call control window acts like it is going to load, but doesn't. The progress bar says "Loading Database Tables", then it disappears.

I have narrowed the problem down to an issue with the computer (VIP works fine with same user on a different computer), but cannot figure out why it isn't loading. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure of all the known conflicts with other programs, but I do know that we don't have Windows firewall turned on or AVG installed.

Thanks.
Posted By: upstateny Re: VIP Call Control Window - 10/20/08 04:31 AM
What does your installer / ESI tech support say?
Posted By: gambitfw Re: VIP Call Control Window - 11/17/08 12:43 PM
Jason, I get this problem quite a bit. I go into (Local Drive):\Program Files\VIP\ and then double clink on ESIUser.exe. It will run through the progress bar like the regular VIP startup, but when done, you should see the phone feature programming window. Just close it and re-launch VIP from the Outlook toolbar.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: VIP Call Control Window - 11/17/08 02:38 PM
Had this problem today and tech support said if outlook receives updates sometimes it can mess things up. Re-installed VIP all was good
Posted By: Anonymous Re: VIP Call Control Window - 01/21/09 06:45 AM
Originally posted by gambitfw:
Jason, I get this problem quite a bit. I go into (Local Drive):\Program Files\VIP\ and then double clink on ESIUser.exe. It will run through the progress bar like the regular VIP startup, but when done, you should see the phone feature programming window. Just close it and re-launch VIP from the Outlook toolbar.
Thanks for the idea gambitfw. I fixed the issue before you posted, so I wasn't able to try that; but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

I'm still not sure what the exact issue was, but re-creating the users' Windows profile corrected the problem.
Posted By: Jim Doberman Re: VIP Call Control Window - 03/03/10 07:22 AM
I had this similar issue (The progress bar says "Loading Database Tables", then it disappears) for the past one week after installing a new 360 protection software (antivirus, antispam, firewall, etc)

I have uninstalled and installed the VIP application several times and it did not work. I also uninstalled and installed Outlook one time. Very important and interesting part is that VIP works when I login into the PC as a different user.

Yesterday (3/2/10) I called our local reseller / technician. In fact, it is the same company who sold the equipment two years ago and then six months ago, replaced mother board (MB) because of VIP/NSP issues. Of course, nothing was cheap or free including installation of MB (even though MB was in warranty)

Technician knew how to resolve it, but said he had to come and fix it. Costs around $150 including 20 min travel. He could have done it on the phone, since the solution is so simple.

I was pretty sure knew that it was a small problem because the logs of missed calls, call logs, voice mail notification everything was working. Additionally, it was working when you login into pc using a different user.

This morning, I visited this website and found the solution.

THANK YOU GAMBITFW !

(I feel some companies want to make lots of money just to a give one simple solution. I do understand if I am going to a new reseller/technician but it is not. This is what I call ABUSE)
Posted By: SST Re: VIP Call Control Window - 03/03/10 05:52 PM
I had this similar trouble the other day (I haven't seen it in a while). the trouble was the user was using active sync with a PDA on the PC. I'm going to change it over VIP SE.
Posted By: Bryanmastertech Re: VIP Call Control Window - 03/06/10 03:35 PM
"(I feel some companies want to make lots of money just to a give one simple solution. I do understand if I am going to a new reseller/technician but it is not. This is what I call ABUSE)"

Jim,
No disrespect, but the above quote may not be true.
VIP can be very flaky, reason being is all the hooks it and other programs have with Outlook. Although your problem seemed to be a simple fix, most of the time it is not and can take hours to figure out what is going on.

Seems like you know you way around computers, so in that case if you were our customer, rather than roll a truck, we would work with you via the phone, which would be far less costly than rolling a truck.

Point here is, we need to be compansated for our time when we work on problems like this, its know different than when you call Dell and you are out of warranty.

I hope you see where I am coming from, we have spent hours on the phone with some VIP clients, only to find out that we need to go to the site anyway.
In the future you may want to ask your vendor to have ESI remote into the workstation that is in trouble rather than rolling a truck. You vendor needs to be online with ESI, so therefore you will be charged, but the charge should be less than a truck roll.

If you continue to have problems, you may want to consider installing the new SE version of VIP. This version is a stand alone version that does not need Outlook.

Your current license fee that you paid will move over to the new version and the software is free.
You may need your vendor to reinstall and set it up, or maybe you can do it yourself.

Regards,
Bryan
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help