atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: prexesi Ring Lag - 10/28/08 01:26 PM
When a call is received, the incoming line will flash red about 5 times before the phone is heard to ring. System is an ESI 50
I would like have the incoming line flash green as soon as a call came in and a call could be answered straight away.

p.s.
My provider fixed it about a month ago before it resurfaced about a week ago.

yes, i asked my provider to re-fix but............................................

I am not a provider or installer but a "USER" and have fixed many of the system problems.
Posted By: grider Re: Ring Lag - 10/28/08 01:48 PM
Go into installer programming and determine what extensions are designated to ring on RING 1. Is the extension you are seeing the blink on that list of extensions? If not get it there.

Since this may or may not solve this to proceed further this info will be needed:

What system do you have?
How many phone lines?
How many extensions?

I get the feeling from previous posts that you installed the system yourself. If Yes then that is OK, no need to try to hide it. We can still help you.

If you did not install the system then who did and what level of experience do they have on that system?

The reason I ask is you have a quality product but seem to be lacking in the area of support.
Posted By: prexesi Re: Ring Lag - 11/17/08 10:54 AM
Fixed. The system was waiting for caller id.
Posted By: grider Re: Ring Lag - 11/17/08 12:31 PM
Who fixed what? On ESI systems if Caller ID is enabled the ring one is absorbed to collect CID. There is a big difference in 1 ring and 5 rings.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help