atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Blackline External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 05:47 AM
S class customer wants Two way radio to be herd thru speakers on all phones. Any ideas

Thanks
Posted By: upstateny Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 05:50 AM
2 way radio??

If you are just looking to play background music through the speakers then you are out of luck...the ESI systems won't do it - i know because i just lost a deal to a customer who had to have it.
Posted By: Ant C Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 06:07 AM
Isn't is great that ESI concetrates on items like cell phone management, which I still don't get and other non essential features, instead of adding basic function features. Items like background music, True Flexible Numbering, Caller ID Block over a PRI on a per call basis, Account Codes, etc. Don't get me wrong the ESI has a lot of great features but these types of basic functions are deal breakers.
Posted By: Blackline Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 07:34 AM
Police Dept Dispath wants to be able to hear whats going on anywhere in building. I didn't know if anyone had come up with anything.

Thank for input
Posted By: upstateny Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 07:41 AM
I would imagine you could do something with paging speakers and use the aux input on the control unit.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/21/08 08:02 PM
Ant C, you can do account codes...
Posted By: upstateny Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/22/08 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Ant C:
Isn't is great that ESI concetrates on items like cell phone management, which I still don't get and other non essential features, instead of adding basic function features. Items like background music, True Flexible Numbering, Caller ID Block over a PRI on a per call basis, Account Codes, etc. Don't get me wrong the ESI has a lot of great features but these types of basic functions are deal breakers.
No system can do it all....i vividly remember losing a deal years ago when i was selling Partners because you couldn't use mute when using the handset...only the speakerphone.

I find that the ESI systems offer a ton of flexibility and very rarely do i run into an issue where i can't do something that is mission critical.
Posted By: SST Re: External audio thru phones ? - 11/22/08 11:38 AM
use a two-paging system, set up zones. And ESI phones have hands free answer back on the intercom.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help