atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: djweis IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 10:56 AM
I installed a used IVX 20+ for a client. It had worked fine previously. A few days after installation some of the phones would no longer ring on incoming calls, they make somewhat of a popping noise like they are trying to ring but not. I did find out that they were trying to set up a credit card reader and had plugged it into a couple of the system ports. Would that cause permanent damage? The programming in section 21 is correct and should cause the phones to ring as I want them to - x100-109 in ring 1, ring 3, VM AA 1 in ring 5.
Posted By: Ant C Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 12:36 PM
Have you tried to recycle the power on the system. Plugging the CC reader in could have caused the system to get hosed up. If you have done this already it can be likely that plugging those units in did damage the main board.
Posted By: djweis Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 12:37 PM
Yes I power cycled the system, it didn't change the behavior.
Posted By: grider Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 02:18 PM
What ports did you connect the credit card terminal to?
Posted By: djweis Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 02:23 PM
I haven't been able to get the details from the person that did it but I think it was x101 and x102 and then x108 for good measure. Don't know if he got x100 also.
Posted By: grider Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 02:26 PM
CCT is an analog device. To set it up correctly you must connect to 1 of 2 analog ports.

Black/Green--Green/Black (X 112) Set it up as a moden with access to line group 9.
Posted By: djweis Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/21/08 05:37 PM
The terminal was bound for the fax line, I wanted to know if it could have permanently damaged the system to have an analog device hooked to the digital ports.
Posted By: upstateny Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/22/08 04:17 AM
Originally posted by djweis:
The terminal was bound for the fax line, I wanted to know if it could have permanently damaged the system to have an analog device hooked to the digital ports.
Yes....you absolutely may have blown a port....try rebooting.
Posted By: grider Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/22/08 05:02 AM
In the past I have mistakenly connected analog devices to the wrong ports without causing damage. This is considerably different from your description of an end user trying to force a square peg through a round hole.

I would like to see 1 phone connected to a previously unused port and then put that port as first ring. Make a test call to see if all is well, if not then we may have expensive problems to tend to.

How about calling out on a X-100, any problems?
Posted By: bdunne Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/22/08 01:51 PM
I have shorted out digital ports many times without causing damage. C'mon admit it you've done it too. That is the worst that any analog device could do to an ESI digital port, as far as I know. What I want to know is:

1. Do the phones ring on intercom calls?
2. Do they ring when you use program 4 to set the ringer volume and tone?
3. Do the speakers work for voice prompts and speakerphone use?
4. Are any of the phones hooked up with 4 conductor wire? This is your most likely culprit, if there is something loading down the second pair that the phone uses to power the optional DSS console. This would cause the phone to "fizzle out" whenever it tries to light all the l.e.d.'s
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/25/08 01:19 PM
might want to re-initalize
Posted By: djweis Re: IVX 20+ ring problems - 11/27/08 11:26 AM
I ended up reinitializing the system and only having 6 stations ring on incoming calls instead of 10 stations. That seems to have done it.
Thanks for the help!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help