atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Catfish IVX Original CO Line Programming - 11/26/08 07:09 PM
IVX Original, customer reduced number of lines from 5 to 4, didn't tell me. Initial symptom after the line was eliminated was line 5 would ring pretty much incessantly, someone would have to answer and put it on hold to stop it. I had them power cycle it to see if that would clear the ringing problem, which it did, but then it would select line 5 when going off hook (they tell me it didn't do that until the power cycle, but probably because the system was seeing line 5 in use). I go in and, in CO Line Programming, select lines 1-4 to to be in Line Group 9. Then the system showed 16 lines and would go to line 16 on off hook or dial 9. So I put lines 5-16 in Line Group 8, but it still selects line 16 on off hook or dial 9.

Methinks something has failed in the system, but I work on these so rarely I'm just guessing at this point. There is also, recently I'm told, an extension that shows in use perpetually and so can't be transferred to or intercommed. So I'm leaning to something failing/failed.

Any ideas? Am I just being a bonehead and missing a step? TIA.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: IVX Original CO Line Programming - 11/26/08 08:49 PM
If the phones are setup for Outside Dialtone Preference, they will grab the highest line that's available to that extension. If the extension is programmed to be able to access both line groups 9 and 8, it will include grabbing lines in group 8. I suggest looking to see if those extensions have access to group 8, and remove that group. I don't think the Original IVX had the option to remove a line group program from a line, altogether (the later systems allowed you to press Hold to delete the line group, thereby changing it to an "Incoming Only" line. I may be wrong, though, so I suggest trying that first.

Justin
Posted By: Catfish Re: IVX Original CO Line Programming - 11/26/08 10:14 PM
Thanks. Tried pressing hold to delete the line group with no effect. Will look into what groups the extensions have access to. Thanks again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help