atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have an S-Class Generation II system installed, and everytime I try connecting up the fourth 482 card the system locks uo with in a few hours of service. The software version is 4.4.0 and I would upgrade but that will make the system initialize. Any ideas on why this is occuring?, is it a software revision issue?, has anyone else had this happen?
Posted By: SST Re: S Class locking up with four 482 cards - 09/08/09 10:45 AM
swap your last card with the third one to see if the systems runs on three cards with the suspect card. Also, I'd double check to make sure it's not Gen 1 482 Card.
Posted By: grider Re: S Class locking up with four 482 cards - 09/08/09 05:03 PM
If your customer isn't using Presence Management you can upgrade 4.4.0 to 4.5.11 and not have to deal with the initialization. Probably won't cure the problem but it can't hurt.

There is nothing wrong with the 482 card as far as the type is concerned, if it was for the 42s instead of the 56s then it wouldn't work for even a second, in fact I think when the wrong card is installed the system won't even boot up.

Most likely the card is defective. It is possible the system itself has a defect associated with the previously unused ports but I doubt it.

Might be time to consider getting an RA from ESI and go in with a new one.
do the phones go completely dead?
After upgrading to latest revision and reprogramming, the card no longer locks the entire system up, but does stop functioning on the 8 phones assigned to it, proving that it is a card issue. The card is being sent to ESI and getting replaced. Thank you all.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help