atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way of turning a Local IP phone into a Remote IP phone for an IVX128+ phone system.

The reason I ask is because I think I've accidentally done it to a remote phone. Whenever I connect it to ESI-Address it tells me that it's a local phone and it won't let me program it. I've programmed this phone before so I know it's a remote phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks
The older IP Phones were either local or remote and a local phone couldn't be upgraded to a remote phone. The remote phones could be programmed and function as a local phone - look in extension programming for that specific extension and you should be able to change it.

You should also see an R at the beginning of the part #... such as RIPFP versus IPFP.
Wow, thanks for the quick response.

By extension programming do you mean within ESI-Tools software or on the phone itself? I should mention that the phone swapped from remote to local without ever touching a network connected to an ESI phone system.

I don't know if I hit just the "right" combination of keys as I was playing with the phone or what. It's good to know that they can be used as local phones when needed.

Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help