atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walterv ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/04/11 06:14 PM
Anyone going????
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 07:25 AM
Would this be for the new communications server that comes out soon? Just wondered
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 08:44 AM
Going to attend the one in my area Norwalk, CA.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 08:46 AM
I'm going to Orange County on 5/6. They may be dequeuing a new full VoIP system. And hopefully a new phone for the CS systems.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 10:53 AM
Originally posted by SST:
And hopefully a new phone for the CS systems.
A new phone would be great, can't wait to see if they pull one out.
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 12:40 PM
I hope it's a self labeling 10/100/1000 phone otherwise I dont see no reason for a new phone....JMO
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 04:48 PM
I can't really spill the beans...But....I have seen...a ...picture of the new ...desi-Less phone..Shh! :dance:
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Earl Pearson:
Would this be for the new communications server that comes out soon? Just wondered
NO, IP system
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SST:
I'm going to Orange County on 5/6. They may be dequeuing a new full VoIP system. And hopefully a new phone for the CS systems.
Yes,
Full IP system, 2 new phones that seem to be backwards compatible to the CS server.
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Earl Pearson:
I hope it's a self labeling 10/100/1000 phone otherwise I dont see no reason for a new phone....JMO
1Gig available, on the larger non-desi phone,cost is huge.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 07:48 PM
Originally posted by walterv:
1Gig available, on the larger non-desi phone,cost is huge.

Sometimes the bigshots want those big display phones that they see on TV. This is welcome news!
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/05/11 08:44 PM
I agree, and hope they hit the mark, personally, I really like ESI and wish them huge success. There success is also mine smile
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/06/11 08:59 AM
I am real anxious to see the phones. Hope they have several buttons
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/06/11 03:57 PM
I too am anxious, there has been a few bumps in the road with ESI, but they have always proven to me (and I am a little tough) to be a stand up company.

Scheduling conflicts, will not allow me to get to Dallas ,guess I will see them in NJ.
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/07/11 05:17 AM
Going to the Orlando Stop

Cosmo
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 04/29/11 08:48 PM
Any news????? thought today was the roll out in Dallas.....
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/01/11 06:25 PM
Don't think we have anyone in the Dallas area?
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/02/11 01:33 PM
Anyone have pictures or details. My closest rollout is next week. The rollout is done in Dallas...just wondered if anyone knows anything?
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/02/11 06:40 PM
There's a new Fiber optic phone. Plus a 3D video conferencing adjunct. Ooh! And I almost forgot the telepresence wristband with haptic touchpad and bluetooth heads up display!

Just kidding. My sales rep tells me that even as a Beta tester (I've seen and used the new phones) I will still be very pleasantly surprised.
Posted By: meisystems Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/05/11 06:08 AM
Just came back from one, impressive stuff, just wondering about pricing. Everything they talk about is still or not yet in beta though.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/05/11 09:40 PM
smile Very impressive. The conference bridge is a nice addition, the phones are cool, especially the one that won't be out for a while. Glad they're not changing their fixed buttons and user friendliness. But... more licensing frown

As always, ESI is going full steam towards the future! Let's hope the road isn't too bumpy.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/06/11 06:47 AM
They also have a new Gigabit IP phone that has a 7 inch touch screen that runs Android software. It’s the coolest desk phone I’ve ever seen. This won't be available till next year I believe. But the new Desi-less phones are the bomb too! I'll post some pics later.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/07/11 10:36 AM
ESI 60 Desi-less Digital or IP 10/100 or Gig.
[Linked Image from i263.photobucket.com]

ESI 40 Digital or IP 10/100.

ESI 250 Smart phone IP Gig only. 7 inch touch screen Android software.
Interesting, I'll see them in person next week.

I understand nothing is available and no pricing yet? How is the new system itself?

Any support for third party applications of WiFI?

Flexible Numbering?
Posted By: Avalon Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/08/11 07:04 AM
are all these new phones back compatable with existing CS ???
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/08/11 08:17 AM
Yes, all of the new phones will work with the Com Servers! The IP 900 has all the same features of the CS and a couple more. No WiFi.
Does the IP 900 have any networking/firewalls? What the difference between the IP 900 and the CS. Doesn't sound like they really did much towards a true IP switch - hopefully I'm missing something?
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/08/11 05:26 PM
the IP 900 is based on 1U frames and 1U's to grow. it will accept piggy-pack cards to add FXO ,FXS Digital stations. Supports API, T.38 and SNMP. The CS servers are Digital phone systems that support IP phones. The IP server is IP phone system that support legacy digital and analog phones and trunks.
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/09/11 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Central Florida Phones:
Does the IP 900 have any networking/firewalls? What the difference between the IP 900 and the CS. Doesn't sound like they really did much towards a true IP switch - hopefully I'm missing something?
Nope, your not missing anything, The IP900 is a CS switch disguised as an IP play, no new features!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SST Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/09/11 07:16 PM
Nope, your not missing anything, The IP900 is a CS switch disguised as an IP play, no new features!!!!!!!!!!!
There are a couple of new features on the IP you won't find on the CS server:
  • Meet-me conferencing
  • T.38 fax relay
  • eSATA port
  • SNMP
  • API
Say it ain't so, if thats true, then what's the point?

What a huge disappointment that will be.
There are a couple of new features on the IP you won't find on the CS server:

Meet-me conferencing
T.38 fax relay
eSATA port
SNMP
API
Big deal!

Dont get me wrong, I love ESI but surely something must be missing? I will be at a roll out tomorrow and see for myself.
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/10/11 10:09 AM
Why is API not a big deal?
It could be a big deal if they had phones that could support third party app's and run scripts. these are pretty common place today and it looks like the Android phone will but at what price and when?

Time will tell I will see the product tomorrow for myself but I was hoping for a system that was a true all in one IP based system with routing, firewalls, Wifi etc.

I sure don't see much excitement on this board about the roll out....
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/11/11 05:24 PM
OK. Just got back from the Pacific Northwest rollout and I am very impressed. ESI is building on what they do best and with IP900 is delivering a product that the IT guys can sell to their bosses.
A few things that stand out:
-The new phones have 3 pages of DSS info and the screens and keys update INSTANTLY when you change the page, certainly more than I can say for most executive IP phones.
- VIP 7 is totally redesigned for Windows 7 and looks like it's tailor made to fit a smartphone screen. I suspect we'll see something in the near future for Android mobile users.
- Phones are the same rugged construction but the keys have a much nicer "feel" to them. And cable management is improved. The visual voicemail is outstanding.
- There is an Ethernet port labeled "WAN" on the main processor supposedly for "future" use. Could be interesting later.
- Twinning is now supported on all Comm servers and higher if you install the latest version software. A lot of other systems support this but if you hit "*4" after you get an extension call on your mobile you can transfer it back to any extension on the system. I just tried it on our office Beta system and it works great.

All in all definitely worth the 3 hour drive. There were some resellers there who drove 7 hours and were not disappointed either.
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/11/11 06:43 PM
Originally posted by bdunne:
Why is API not a big deal?
Because we don't know what that means yet and how that will be supported. Getting under the covers is good, don't get me wrong, but are we only able to kiss, or can we do the dirty deed? smile And what is the cost???

Way to many variables before I can get excited.

Personally,

I love ESI, but IMHO, the roll out did nothing for me to sell today, nor no gave me an inkling on when I could sell.

Just Saying

Walter

PS
When the day is done, I bet they will have a spectacular product, but where that fits at that time will be the challenge, and how much longer can we wait?
We attended a roll out yesterday and I am impressed with some of ESI's new management strategies.

I was hoping for some pricing info and availablity on the new products to give my final judgement. In a price concious market and with no routing/firewall/wifi integrated it still makes it a stand alone product. I just feel that would have been a huge advantage - maybe in the future?

Twinning is cool, we set it up yesterday and it works well.

Hopefully VIP 7 will be offered as a free upgrade to those that have the current problematic versions.

Visual Voicemail is cool and is a nice feature.

The phones do look better in person. The Android phone is really cool but at what price.

The API will either be a huge succes or a huge bust - I am hopeful.

I am seeing what they do with the ESI marketplace as far as resellers go.

I really like the online training idea going forward.

I guess time will tell
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/12/11 07:08 PM
"I guess time will tell"

Well that my friend is the problem, IMHO, time ran out a long time ago.But loyal dealers like you and I are still hanging on
Posted By: JBRAM Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/13/11 09:11 AM
The self labeling phones are good enough for me. That will save a substantial amount of time on an install. I like the thought of being able to move your curser over a port and see what extension is on it. I have been asking for something like that for years. On many of our installs we do number exchanges to match DID's. Once you do a couple of hundred of exchanges you had better be keeping good notes. I do wish they would make a few things a little more robust so we could feel more confident in using this in health care facilities. I hope they are not rushing this. I will probably wait at least 6 months or so after they release it to the public before I sell it. All in all it was a decent rollout. This could really appeal to some of our customers who would like to administer their own system with ease.
I would have really liked a whole new platform, hopefully the CS platform will allow for some newer featues -

I've been hoping for a simple table to add holidays for the year instead of dealing with the holiday greeting...With Cisco you list the date, record a specific greeting for the date and walk away till next year.

I agree with walterv, time to really kick it up a couple of notches and get in the IP game full time. Based on the info they gave us it sounds like they have hired the right people to do just that. Time will tell it's kind of the Lead, Follow or Get out of the way thing.

If it wasn't for the way ESI works with resellers, their people and support I would have been gone along time ago, and yes they do make a very good product.
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/14/11 08:06 PM
"If it wasn't for the way ESI works with resellers, their people and support I would have been gone along time ago, and yes they do make a very good product."

Very well said, and I agree 100 percent!!!!!
Posted By: LaTuFu Re: ESI has a roll out end of April - 05/18/11 12:41 PM
The one thing I can see out of the new roll out so far is they are still betting on the Cisco license purchase model. And they're going even heavier into it. Annual purchase of maintenance and support.

It will be interesting to see how it prices out.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help