atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hfoote Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 09:57 AM
Our church recently received a used ESI IVX E-class system with over a dozen 48key digital phones. After opening the unit, I noticed that it has no Memory Module/Hard Drive. Is the unit useable without it? I would also like to obtain the installation manual 0450-0327 but can not locate it anywhere online. I have downloaded installation manuals or other models. I do not know if that will suffice. Thanks.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 11:27 AM
Does it have a compact flash card ?? If not it isn't going to useable.
Posted By: hfoote Re: Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 11:48 AM
There is a what looks like a card that is standing up from the motherboard with the esi logo and on the other side it has the version # and prompt #. Other than that, I do not see anything else. If this is the flash card and it has no drive, then it probably does not support voice mail. Or does the label on the outside with IVX E 2 W/NSP signify that the support of voicemail using a dedicated Windows computer with the esi software?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 12:01 PM
Then it should be good to go
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 12:03 PM
The voicemail , if it has it is on the flash card. Power up the system and hook up a phone and press and hold hold the 1 key for about 3 seconds if a greeting plays it has VM
Posted By: hfoote Re: Received used ESI system - 05/11/11 01:59 PM
Thanks for the info. It will take me awhile to hook up a phone since I will first need to connect an amphenol cable and find the pairs of wires needed. I am hoping that an IVX128 and IVX Original installation manuals will be enough to figure this all out in the absence of the E-class manual. It has DLC12 and 684 cards in it.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Received used ESI system - 05/12/11 02:39 AM
There is a link to manuals on the top of the page. I would recommend a current manual versus one for a different system. They are similar but not the same.

If you would like a referral to a local installer i would be happy to call ESI and find one for you. In an hour or two they could have you installed and working and provide you a valuable resource going forward.
Posted By: hfoote Re: Received used ESI system - 05/12/11 08:05 PM
I do have a local contact if we need that much help. We would like to test the system at home to verify that it would be an enhancement over what we already have. As to the manuals, I had earlier checked the link to "Manuals" but I already have copies of what is available from that source. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Received used ESI system - 05/13/11 04:07 AM
hfoote, PM sent.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help