atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeffp Hard Drive for IVX-S Class Gen II - 05/16/11 09:07 AM
Hello everyone. I have an ESI IVX-S Class Gen II that was installed about 6.5 years ago. The hard drive has gone bad. Any idea of what I should be looking at for replacement cost? Should I consider replacing system instead? Just looking for a little input on these issues.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Hard Drive for IVX-S Class Gen II - 05/16/11 09:14 AM
A hard drive will be "relatively" expensive compared to computer hard drives off the shelf...

but...

Once you install you will be good for another long period of time (first one lasted 6.5 years) and if the system does what you need i would just replace the drive.

If you are looking for additional features, functionality etc now would be the time to consider an upgrade. You could put in a CS 50 and reuse all of your phones...... and you should be able to reuse any epxansion cards if you have them.
Posted By: jeffp Re: Hard Drive for IVX-S Class Gen II - 05/16/11 09:20 AM
Thanks for your response. The system completely meets our needs at this point and you make a good point about the first one having lasted a long period of time. We have had almost zero issues with the system in that period of time. Thanks, again.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Hard Drive for IVX-S Class Gen II - 05/17/11 08:08 AM
I found in the past that some HDs got very hot and only lasted 3-4 years.
I cut a hole in the cover and mounted a case fan to blow directly on it. 5 years later still running good.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help