atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: George Taruc ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/07/11 08:22 AM
Hello and thanks for everyone that is responsible for this website!
I am a switch tech in a local carrier in Lubbock,TX. We are having issues with one of our customer that has a ESI phone system, whenever they make a local call to an ATT cellphone the called party is getting "unknown" instead of the ANI but it works on other cellphone provider. We already made all the necessary changes in our 5ESS switch. Can anybody give me an overview where you normally configure the "numbering plan" and "type of number" in the ESI PRI? All the reply is highly appreciated....
Posted By: Central Florida Phones Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/07/11 01:02 PM
Doesn't sound like an ESI problem if it works on one provider and not the other along with other landline carriers.

ESI doesn't change the TON on a per call basis.

I would call AT&T and good luck with that.
Posted By: George Taruc Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/07/11 03:03 PM
thanks for the quick reply, it seems like it is the trouble with AT&T , but this was the same case when I was working on a PRI for a CISCO Call manager, it turns out that ATT Cell is specific on the PRI setting for NATIONAL numbering and type.
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 05:01 AM
Can your CO do PRI Protocol NI-2? If so I bet that will fix issue. I had about the same issue with 5ESS and NEC.
Posted By: George Taruc Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 07:39 AM
Thanks Earl, our software version can support both NI-1 and NI-2, and it was set-up to work on both. Do you know where to verify in the ESI-PRI if what is the assigned parameters for "National numbering & Numbering type".
Posted By: SST Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 09:11 AM
The default for an ESI PRI is NI2. This can be verified in feature 2134. Choices are 5ESS, DMS-100, Siemens EWSD and NI2.
Posted By: George Taruc Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 11:03 AM
Thanks SS2!!! I will have the phone vendor check what parameter they are set. Does anybody know if there is a parameter where we can set "Numbering plan" and "Type of number" via "Calling" and "Called" party category. I know in CCM they do but I was just curious if you also have this in ESI.
Posted By: JBRAM Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 06:36 PM
I had a similar problem like this when the telco was delivering the PRI via a GTD-5 switch set to mimic a a 5ESS version of NI-2. At first I got it somewhat working working by setting the ESI to Siemens protocol, but the final fix was going in through some hidden functions (through phone programming only) and changing some settings. If the vendor has an ESI Mastertech on staff they can change this or they may have to call tech support. In my case tech support was not very helpful (though they are usually very helpful). I just had to play with it. Good Luck.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/08/11 06:49 PM
The only numbering control on the outbound is number only, per ext. the name will then be sent as unavailable.
Posted By: Central Florida Phones Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 07/16/11 02:24 PM
How did this work out?
Posted By: George Taruc Re: ESI to 5ESS PRI setting ? - 08/01/11 01:29 PM
sorry for the late reply.Unfortunately we never fixed the problem...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help