atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Avalon Other end not hearing - 08/01/11 03:10 PM
ESI-50 Digital 48key sets small law office with only 5 VZ copper lines in huntgroup.

Some people complain that when making different outgoing calls during the afternoon the other end reports they cant hear the person calling from the ESI system. Its always while making outgoing calls (lines 5, 4 ,3 ) the problem is never reported when somebody is calling them (lines 1,2 ,3 ) also if you make an intercom or recording it sounds crystal clear. had the lines checked at demark by vz, they said it was ok. I ran a new cable from the demark dirctly to the ksu. this has to be something happening on the lines back to the CO right?
Posted By: walterv Re: Other end not hearing - 08/01/11 04:51 PM
CO problem, the problem you are experiencing is on two different cards
Posted By: upstateny Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 03:54 AM
Make sure you are on the latest software.
Posted By: Avalon Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 04:19 AM
This system was put in only a couple of months ago. How would software cause something like this?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 04:40 AM
It could be a bug ... you didn't mention the age of the system so i figured i would throw that out as an idea.

We have had a couple of one way audio issues over the past year or two and a software upgrade solved it.
Posted By: 94astro Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 08:14 AM
Have you tried power cycling?
Posted By: Avalon Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 10:26 AM
Tech support turned up gain parrameter, if it keeps happening they said update software (even though ksu sw is only a few ver behind) How would a power cycle do any thing??
Posted By: 94astro Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 12:22 PM
Had exact same problem with copper co's and power cycle fixed it, suprised you haven't atleast tried that. How does power cycling fix all the random stuff that it does? I don't know either.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Avalon:
How would a power cycle do any thing??
Really? How long have you been working on Phone Systems..they are Computers, Reset. Fixes all kinds of stuff.
Posted By: PaulatOTI Re: Other end not hearing - 08/02/11 06:04 PM
We had an ESI-50 (new), Had Static problem on CO 3. After all kind of testing and troubleshooting, to find it was NOT the CO.
Rebooting fixed it (sometimes would last 3 - 4 weeks before coming back).
Finally ESI repaced KSU.
The 2nd KSU, had Volume problems on CO Ports 3 and 4.
Moved the the CO's to ports 5 and 6, worked just fine for 2 months of waiting to see if it was going to come back, never did.
ESI replaced with 3rd KSU. SO FAR SO GOOD. It's been about 6 months since.
We had another ESI-50 that had CO issues can't recall thte exact issue but wound up making ESI replace with ESI-100 at thier expense and got compensation from ESI for all the labor.
I do not like the ESI-50's.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help