atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bob Reid ESI CS200, local ip set looses mac address - 09/06/11 11:40 AM
I have a CS200 that has been installed for over a year and once in a while we have a couple of ip sets that loose the mac addressing and you have to recycle the sets and enter the station number again. It is an intermittent problem that effects different stations. Has anyone experienced something like this? It sets accross fiber network, no voice quality issues.
If you are able to enter the station number to re-provision a set I'm assuming you have Installer level access. Could it be that someone logged in with ESI system programmer and didn't synchronize first? Then when they sent programming it could have erased MAC addresses of recently added phones.....?

If it happens again check Function 31 and see of the MAC entry for the set is still there. If it is, try plugging the set into an Ethernet port on the same physical segment as the phone system.

I have seen Ethernet switches that were not kind to MAC authentication sometimes. Especially smart switches.
Originally posted by Bob Reid:
I have a CS200 that has been installed for over a year and once in a while we have a couple of ip sets that loose the mac addressing and you have to recycle the sets and enter the station number again. It is an intermittent problem that effects different stations. Has anyone experienced something like this? It sets accross fiber network, no voice quality issues.
I wrote a reply to this post for nearly 10 minutes and simply decided to answer your question.

"Yes!" We have had and still do have this, and many other issues with this manufacturer.

Solutions vary.

Like you, voice quality is nearly perfect
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help